The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. The MAC is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Late hours until 9 p.m. are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays. Building admission and parking are free. For more information, visit mcconnellarts.org or call 614-431-0329.
* The MAC will host the 2012 Governor's Region 1 Youth Art Exhibit through June 23. The adjudicated exhibit is open to all Ohio high school students and is sponsored by the Ohio Department of Education.
* The MAC writers group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every other Friday. Read, share and offer feedback. The next meeting will be May 26.
* The Capital City Chamber Players, a group of professional classical musicians who live and work in central Ohio, will perform at 8 p.m. Friday, May 31. Tickets are $20 online, $25 at the door. The program will include selections by Dvorak, Stravinsky and Wagner.
* Detroit-based singer-songwriter Benny Edwards will be in concert at 8 p.m. Thursday, June 6. Tickets are $8 online, $10 at the door, $5 for students, free for children under age 12.
* The MAC will host the first-ever Worthington Teen Battle of the Bands on Saturday, June 15. Six bands will be selected. To find out how to apply, visit worthingtonlibraries.org. To qualify, 75 percent of the band members must be age 13-19. All bands in central Ohio may apply; preference will be given to qualifying bands from the Worthington City Schools area. Sponsored by the MAC, Worthington Libraries and Worthington Parks & Recreation.
* Coffee House Jams are held at the MAC from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. Grab a cup of coffee, fire up a laptop or just hang out in the gallery and listen to music. Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club leads on the first and third Tuesdays. Matt Ellis and the jazz orchestra "Standard Time" will perform on the second Tuesday of every month. Adam Schlenker and his guitar take over on fourth Tuesdays.