McConnell Arts Center
The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. Building admission and parking are free. For information, visit mcconnell arts.org or call 614-431-0329.
* Fourth of July Celebration at the MAC, 5 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday, July 4. Lots of music, held in conjunction with the Worthington Family Picnic in the MAC parking lot. Live music, the GrooveU One Take Wonder recording studio (try your hand) and more. Drinks in the tented area.
* Worthington Community Theatre presents Godspell July 19 through Aug. 4; Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for students.
* The MAC writers group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every other Friday. Read, share and offer feedback. The group will participate in an Open Mic from 2 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, July 14. The event is free, and all are welcome to come and listen or share some of their writing.
* Art Off the Square Family Fun Day, a free outdoor art celebration featuring activities, games and food, will be held on the MAC lawn from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, July 21. It will be moved indoors in the event of inclement weather.
* Melanie Benjamin, author of the best-selling The Aviator's Wife, will speak at the MAC at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 25. Benjamin's presentation is part of the Hear & Now author series co-sponsored by the Friends Foundation of Worthington Libraries, the MAC and Holiday Inn of Worthington. Tickets are $10.
* "Fabrics of Imagination: The Sweet Spot Between Tranquility and Turbulence," an exhibition of pieced, free-form quilts by former physics teacher Frauke Palmer, will be on display at the MAC through Aug. 25. Free.
* Coffee House Jams are held at the MAC from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. Grab a cup of coffee, fire up a laptop or just hang out in the gallery and listen to music. Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club leads on the first and third Tuesdays. Matt Ellis and the jazz orchestra "Standard Time" will perform on the second Tuesday of every month. Adam Schlenker and his guitar take over on fourth Tuesdays.