The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. The MAC is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Late hours until 9 p.m. are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays. Building admission and parking are free. For more information, visit mcconnellarts.org or call 614-431-0329.
* MAC Gallery Theater will present How Do I Love Thee: Love Letters, Poetic and Peculiar, at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28. This readers theater program will feature letters written by and to lovers, friends, parents and enemies. Wine and light dessert will be served. Tickets are $8 online, $10 at the door, $5 for students and free for children under age 12.
* The MAC writers group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every other Friday. Read, share and offer feedback. The next session will be Aug. 23.
* "Fabrics of Imagination: The Sweet Spot Between Tranquility and Turbulence," an exhibition of pieced, free-form quilts by former physics teacher Frauke Palmer, will be on display at the MAC through Aug. 25. Free.
* The deadline to register to audition for Worthington's Got Talent is Aug. 31. Preliminary auditions in two categories -- singing and other -- will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Sept. 1, 8 and 22. Visit mcconnellarts.org for information and to apply.
* The Ohio Watercolor Society Annual Juried Exhibition will be on view at the MAC through Sept. 8. More than 40 works from Ohio watercolor artists will be included in this competitive juried exhibition.
* Coffee House Jams are held at the MAC from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. Grab a cup of coffee, fire up a laptop or just hang out in the gallery and listen to music. Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club leads on the first and third Tuesdays. Matt Ellis and the jazz orchestra "Standard Time" will perform on the second Tuesday of every month. Adam Schlenker and his guitar take over on fourth Tuesdays.