The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. The MAC is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Late hours until 9 p.m. are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays. Building admission and parking are free.
The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. The MAC is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Late hours until 9 p.m. are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays. Building admission and parking are free. For more information, visit mcconnellarts. org or call 614-431-0329.
* The MAC will present, in collaboration with the Columbus International Film Festival, Chasing Water , at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3. Photojournalist Peter McBride sets out to document the flow of the Colorado River from source to sea. Free.
* Eric Gnezda will host a Local Songwriters Showcase at 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7. A number of the area's finest songwriters in a variety of styles will perform. Tickets are $10 online, $12 at the door, $5 for students and free for children under age 12.
* The debut performance of the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington's Chamber Orchestra will be at 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10. Under the direction of Dr. Antoine Clark, the newly-formed professional ensemble will present a program featuring the music of Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven. Tickets are $20 online, $25 at the door.
* "Interspecies Dialogue," an exhibit of more than 50 paintings by Miho Libbey and Laura Joseph, will be at the MAC through Nov. 8. Joseph's works each feature a different animal, offering insights into its particular characteristics. Libbey captures floral elegance paired with the beginning of human life in her large-canvas works.
* The MAC will host a free exhibition, "Westbridge Camera Club: Images of Fall," through Nov. 3.
* The MAC writers group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. the second and fourth Friday of every month. Read, share and offer feedback.
* Coffee House Jams are held at the MAC from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. Grab a cup of coffee, fire up a laptop or just hang out in the gallery and listen to music. Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club plays on the first and third Tuesdays. Matt Ellis and the jazz orchestra "Standard Time" perform on the second Tuesday of every month. Adam Schlenker and his guitar take over on fourth Tuesdays.
* The Hear and Now Series, presented by the MAC and Worthington Libraries, will host writer Sam Kean on Thursday, Nov. 14. An author reception at 6 p.m. will be followed by a reading by Kean, a science writer with two national bestsellers to his credit, at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children.