An 82-year-old woman who was loading groceries into her vehicle had her purse stolen from her shoulder in the parking lot at Kroger at the Shops at Worthington Place at 11:40 a.m. Dec. 13 at 11:40 a.m. The woman was knocked to the ground by the man, who fled in a stolen vehicle and was later arrested on unrelated charges. He then was charged with one count of robbery for the purse snatching. The woman was taken to the hospital and treated for minor injuries.
In other Worthington police incident reports:
• A sledgehammer was used to break a front window of a business in the 6100 block of Huntley Road at 11:58 p.m. Dec. 10.
Once inside, the burglar forced open an office door and a metal filing cabinet and stole $100.
• On Dec. 6, copper wiring was stolen from an unoccupied home in the 6800 block of Highland Place.
• A cellphone was stolen from a student at Thomas Worthington High School at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 5.
• Someone wrote a check on the account of a store in the 600 block of High Street between Dec. 6 and 11. The check was written for $2,470.
• A floodlight was stolen from a front yard in the 100 block of West North Street overnight Dec. 12.