Julie Keegan is the new president and Marc Schare the vice president of the Worthington Board of Education.
They were elected during the board's reorganizational meeting Jan. 13.
New board member Sam Shim was sworn in, along with re-elected members Schare and Jennifer Best. State Rep. Mike Duffey administered their oaths of office.
Shim was elected to the board in November, replacing David Bressman.
Keegan has been on the board for four years and will serve her second term as president.
Schare is entering his third term on the board. He has been vice president and president once previously.
As her first act as president, Keegan recommended -- and the board agreed -- that the two board meetings each month have different formats.
Instead of both meetings being business meetings with some time set aside for presentations, the meeting on the second Monday of each month will be for formal business, with the fourth Monday meeting set aside for presentations and discussions of issues.
"The idea is to really roll up our sleeves and dig into issues at the presentation meetings," Keegan said.
The board also made annual appointments to boards, commissions and organizations for 2014, as follows:
• Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA) legislative liaison: Schare.
• Annual assembly meeting of OSBA, delegate and alternate: Keegan and Schare, respectively.
• OSBA urban district advisory network liaison: Charlie Wilson.
• Metropolitan Educational Council: Wilson.
• City of Worthington liaison: Shim.
• OSBA-SALT: Wilson.
• Worthington Educational Foundation: Wilson.
• Worthington Libraries board: Best.
• Student board member liaison: Schare.
• Facilities committee: Schare.