The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. The MAC is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Late hours until 9 p.m. are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays. Building admission and parking are free. For more information, visit mcconnellarts.org or call 614-431-0329.
* Author Augusten Burroughs will read from his works in a Hear and Now Series program co-sponsored by Worthington Libraries, at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23. A reception precedes the reading at 6 p.m. Burroughs is best known for his memoir Running with Scissors. His work also includes A Wolf at the Table and his latest, This is How: Surviving What You Think You Can't. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children.
* The McConnell Arts Center of Worthington Chamber Orchestra will perform at 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 26. Under the direction of Dr. Antoine Clark, the program will includes works by Bartok, Grieg, Strauss and Respighi. Tickets are $20 online, $25 at the door.
* Alan Spencer's "Strata in Clay" exhibition will be on view at the MAC through March 2.
* Coffee House Jams are held at the MAC from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. Grab a cup of coffee, fire up a laptop or just hang out in the gallery and listen to music. Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club plays on the first and third Tuesdays. Matt Ellis and the jazz orchestra "Standard Time" perform on the second Tuesday of every month. Adam Schlenker and his guitar take over on fourth Tuesdays.
* The MAC writers group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. the second and fourth Friday of every month. Read, share and offer feedback.