A drive along the bike path ended at the police station May 27. A man drove off West Granville Road and onto the Olentangy Bike Trail about 12:30 a.m.
A drive along the bike path ended at the police station May 27.
A man drove off West Granville Road and onto the Olentangy Bike Trail about 12:30 a.m.
An officer followed him and watched as the man hit a pedestrian bridge near Tucker Drive and landed in the stream beneath it.
According to police, the man said he was trying to go to his girlfriend's house on Tucker.
Instead, he was taken to the police department and charged with OVI. He later was released to his girlfriend.
In other Worthington Division of Police incidents:
• A man broke into a patio and bar at a restaurant in the Shops at Worthington Place about 5:25 a.m. May 25.
Surveillance video caught the theft. The suspect is described as a white man with short, dark hair. He was driving a red compact pickup truck.
He stole small items, but the video showed him trying to take several larger items, including a television.
• A student at the Linworth Alternative Program, 2075 W. Dublin-Granville Road, posted on Facebook that she planned to burn down the school May 21 or 22.
• A cellphone was reported stolen from Kilbourne Middle School, 50 E. Granville Road, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. May 22.
• A plaque was reported stolen from an exterior wall of a house in the 800 block of Hartford Street between May 24 and 27.
• A digital tablet was reported stolen from a residence in the 300 block of Hennessey Avenue between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. May 27.
• A 26-year-old man was charged with disorderly conduct after he was found unconscious at Subway, 905 High St., at 7:30 p.m. May 30.
• A known suspect allegedly stole $559 worth of liquor from the liquor store at Kroger, 60 W. Wilson Bridge Road, bet-ween 12:37 and 1 p.m. May 31.
At 4:47 p.m. the same day, a man was caught stealing a 30-pack of beer from the same store. The 53-year-old man was arrested and taken to the Franklin County Jail.