The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. The MAC is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Late hours until 9 p.m. are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays. Building admission and parking are free. For more information, visit mcconnellarts.org or call 614-431-0329.
* The Salty Caramels, an all-woman folk band from Columbus, will perform at the MAC at 8 p.m. Thursday, June 19. Tickets are $10 online, $12 at the door, $5 for students and free for children age 11 and younger.
* The MAC Summer Pops series begins with a free concert at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 21, as the McConnell Arts Chamber Orchestra performs classical pieces on the front lawn. Jazz guitarist Stan Smith also will perform. In case of inclement weather, the concert will be held inside.
* The Worthington Libraries/MAC Hear & Now series will present author Gail Tsukiyama Thursday, June 26. A 6 p.m. reception precedes her talk, which begins at 7 p.m. Her first novel, 1991's Women of the Silk, was an unexpected bestseller, leading to a series of novels that reflect the author's multicultural upbringing. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children/MAC members/library Friends.
* An exhibit of photography by Andrew Tonn titled The Riches of Central America: The People, Customs and Culture, will be on display at the MAC through Aug. 17. The exhibit will be augmented by a display of dress and masks of the region.
* Kate Kerr and Her Botanical Gardens, an exhibition of watercolor art of Kerr's own garden as well as others, will be on display through Aug. 17.
* Coffee House Jams are held at the MAC from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. Grab a cup of coffee, fire up a laptop or just hang out in the gallery and listen to music. Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club plays on the first and third Tuesdays. Matt Ellis and the jazz orchestra "Standard Time" perform on the second Tuesday of every month. Adam Schlenker and his guitar take over on fourth Tuesdays.
* Independence Day @ the MAC, presented in conjunction with the Worthington Family Picnic, 5 p.m. to dusk July 4. Sit on the lawn and enjoy live music until the fireworks start. Beer, soda and snacks will be available.