Central Ohio is under a heat advisory until 9 p.m. Friday, July 19, 2013 and includes Adams, Auglaize, Brown, Butler, Champaign, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Greene, Hardin, Highland, Hocking, Licking, Logan, Madison, Mercer, Miami, Pickaway, Pike, Preble, Ross, Scioto, Shelby, Union, Warren counties.
Here are some ways to beat the heat the next two days until relief hits with rain forecasted for Saturday.
Columbus Operation Cool Down
The city of Columbus is helping residents beat the heat.
Four hydrants will be turned on between 1 and 4 p.m. Thursday as part of Operation Cool Down.
• The Beatty Recreation Center on North Ohio Avenue.
• Driving Park on East Columbus Street.
• Linden Park on Briarwood Avenue.
• Westgate Park on Wicklow Road.
Seven public pools are open from 1:30 until 6:30 p.m. The following pools have free admission with a department-issued Leisure Card:
• Dodge, 545 Sullivant Ave.
• Glenwood, 1925 W. Broad St.
• Lincoln, 1700 Ann St.
• Marion Franklin, 2699 Lockbourne Rd.
• Maryland, 1380 Atcheson St.
• Tuttle, 240 W. Oakland Ave.
• Windsor, 1300 Windsor Ave.
Residents can also visit the Columbus Recreation and Parks’ air-conditioned recreation centers.
The centers are open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Beatty, 247 N. Ohio Ave.
• Carriage Place, 4900 Sawmill Rd.
• Dodge, 667 Sullivant Ave.
• Douglas, 1250 Windsor Ave.
• Gillie, 4625 Morse Centre
• Lazelle Woods, 8140 Sancus Blvd.
• Linden, 1254 Briarwood Ave. (two rooms have air conditioning)
• Marion Franklin, 2801 Lockbourne Rd.
• Martin Janis, 600 E. 11th Ave.
• Sullivant Garden, 755 Renick St.
• Whetstone, 3923 N. High St.
• Woodward, 5147 Karl Rd.