Officers with the Delaware Police Department on April 4 tracked down the last of three fugitives who had escaped from a prison in Athens County.
The department received a report about 6:30 p.m. April 4 that Troy Brandon Tyler Byrd, 29, had been spotted near a business in the 100 block of London Road.
Byrd, along with David G. Skeens, 30, and Justin D. Stanley, 25, escaped from the SEPTA Correctional Facility in Nelsonville between March 31 and April 2.
According to a report from The Columbus Dispatch, authorities caught Skeens in Heath on April 2. Newark police arrested Stanley on April 3.
After receiving a report that Byrd had been sighted in Delaware, officers attempted to stop a vehicle on London Road, according to police reports. The car's driver fled to U.S. Route 42 South before officers from multiple agencies stopped the vehicle near the highway's interchange at U.S. Route 33 in Union County, reports said.
Officers arrested Byrd, who was a passenger in the vehicle, and transported him to Delaware County Jail, according to police reports. Officers later arrested the car's driver, Jamie V. Jarrett, 38, of Chase Run in Columbus on charges of failure to comply with the order of a police officer, a third-degree felony, and obstructing justice, a fifth-degree felony, reports said.
In other recent police reports:
* A woman reported someone stole her car between noon and 3:45 p.m. March 29 from the parking lot of the Delaware County District Library, 84 E. Winter St. Authorities later recovered the vehicle in Wayne County.
* A woman reported a burglary occurred between 11:45 p.m. March 29 and 8 a.m. March 30 at a business in the 300 block of South Sandusky Street. Someone broke into the building through a side window and stole $200 in cash and change.
* Officers responded to a burglary alarm at 4:30 a.m. March 31 at a business in the first block of Spring Street. Investigators determined someone broke into the business through a rear window.
* A woman reported a burglary occurred between 7:30 p.m. March 30 and 8:30 a.m. March 31 at a business in the 100 block of West William Street. Someone broke a window and stole supplies valued at $23 and $50 cash.
* A man reported a burglary occurred between 1 p.m. April 1 and 12:45 p.m. April 2 at a business in the 200 block of East William Street. Someone broke into the business through a side window and stole cigars valued at $25 and $10 in change.
Investigators have identified two suspects in the incident, reports said.
* A man reported a burglary occurred between 2:30 and 4 a.m. April 2 at a business in the 300 block of East Winter Street. Someone broke into the business through a rear door and stole $27 in cash.
* A man reported a theft occurred between 8 a.m. March 9 and 6 p.m. March 21 in the first block of West Winter Street. Someone stole four firearms valued at $4,000 and a camera valued at $800 from a residence.
* A woman reported a theft of drugs occurred between noon March 10 and 11:30 a.m. March 28 in the 800 block of Buehler Drive. Someone stole 90 pills valued at $50 from the residence.