Officers with the Delaware Police Department on April 4 tracked down the last of three fugitives who had escaped from a prison in Athens County.
The department received a report about 6:30 p.m. April 4 that Troy Brandon Tyler Byrd, 29, had been spotted near a business in the 100 block of London Road.
Byrd, along with David G. Skeens, 30, and Justin D. Stanley, 25, escaped from the SEPTA Correctional Facility in Nelsonville between March 31 and April 2.
According to a report from The Columbus Dispatch, authorities caught Skeens in Heath on April 2. Newark police arrested Stanley on April 3.
After receiving a report that Byrd had been sighted in Delaware, officers attempted to stop a vehicle on London Road, according to police reports. The car’s driver fled to U.S. Route 42 South before officers from multiple agencies stopped the vehicle near the highway’s interchange at U.S. Route 33 in Union County, reports said.
Officers arrested Byrd, who was a passenger in the vehicle, and transported him to Delaware County Jail, according to police reports. Officers later arrested the car’s driver, Jamie V. Jarrett, 38, of Chase Run in Columbus on charges of failure to comply with the order of a police officer, a third-degree felony, and obstructing justice, a fifth-degree felony, reports said.
• At 8:34 p.m. March 31, a 41-year-old Marysville man was cited for failure to maintain an assured clear distance ahead and failure to stop after an accident.
• At 12:39 p.m. April 1, a 23-year-old Marysville man was arrested for abusing harmful intoxicants.
• At 1:36 p.m. April 1, a resident of Sherwood Avenue reported identity theft.
• At 2:15 p.m. April 1, a business on Coleman’s Crossing reported theft of merchandise.
• At 12:36 a.m. April 2, a 26-year-old Columbus man was cited for driving under suspension.
• At 8:34 a.m. April 2, a resident of North Court Street reported damage to a motor vehicle.
• At 9:18 a.m. April 2, a business on West Fifth Street reported theft of merchandise.
• At 10:14 a.m. April 2, a resident of North Main Street reported a burglary.
• At 2:58 p.m. April 2, a resident of Surrey Lane reported theft of a Kindle Fire.
• At 3:10 p.m. April 2, a business on Allenby Drive reported theft of money.
• At 9:57 p.m. April 2, a resident of Penwood Place reported theft of a motor vehicle.
• At 12:08 a.m. April 3, a business on Coleman’s Crossing reported theft of merchandise.
• At 12:26 a.m. April 3, a business on Coleman’s Crossing reported theft of merchandise.
• At 2:10 p.m. April 3, a 25-year-old Marysville woman was cited for driving without a license.
• At 2:52 p.m. April 3, a 43-year-old North Lewisburg man was cited for driving under suspension and speeding.
• At 7:58 p.m. April 4, a business on Coleman’s Crossing reported theft of merchandise.
• At 1:27 p.m. April 5, a resident of Cinnamon Drive reported criminal damaging.
• At 2:34 p.m. April 5, an employee of a business on Coleman’s Crossing Boulevard reported a theft.
• At 3:34 p.m. April 5, a resident of Sherwood Avenue reported a burglary.
• At 10:41 a.m. April 7, a resident of Retreat Lane reported credit-card fraud.
• At 3:08 p.m. April 7, a 29-year-old Marion man was cited for driving under suspension.
• At 5:29 p.m. April 7, an employee from a business on Coleman’s Crossing Boulevard reported a theft.
• At 3:02 a.m. April 8, an employee from a business on Coleman’s Crossing Boulevard reported a theft.
• At 3:24 p.m. March 31 in the 25000 block of state Route 4: The driver of a 1999 Volvo Semi was traveling southbound when the vehicle lost a rear axle. The axle slid off the road, struck a tree and then struck a residence.
• At 3:39 p.m. April 1 at state Route 347 and Yearsley Road: The driver of a 2017 Freightliner semi struck a utility pole and a road sign while attempting a turn.
• At 12:54 a.m. April 2 in the 19000 block of Raymond Road: The driver of a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu drove off the road and struck a fence. The juvenile driver was issued a traffic citation for failure to control.
• At 2:33 a.m. April 2: As a result of a driving complaint, a deputy stopped a 2005 Dodge
Stratus on state Route 31 north of U.S. Route 33. After further investigation, a 32-year-old Toledo man was charged with possession of marijuana.
• At 4:55 p.m. April 3 at U.S. Route 42 and Currier Road: A 2004 Acura TL and a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado were involved in an accident.
• At 9:08 a.m. April 4 in the 9200 block of Railroad Street in Arnold: The driver of a 2014 Thomas Built school bus backed into a 2009 Ford F-350 truck.
• At 1:34 p.m. April 4: Deputies were sent to residences in the 20000 block of Barker Road and the 20000 block of Cotton Slash Road to investigate possible fraud involving a driveway paving company.
• At 2 p.m. April 4: License plates were reported stolen from a vehicle that was parked at a property in the 13000 block of Bell Road.
• At 3:26 a.m. April 5 on state Route 347 near Reed Road: The driver of a semitrailer struck two of several cattle that were crossing the road. The driver was able to stop the truck in a field just west of Reed Road and declined EMS service. The cattle’s owner was notified and cited for loose livestock.
• At 7:22 p.m. April 5 in the 25000 block of state Route 245: The driver of a 2005 Hyundai Sonata drove off the left side of road, struck a traffic sign and then hit a tree. The driver, a 25-year-old North Lewisburg man, was issued a traffic citation for failure to control.
• At 1:56 a.m. April 6 on U.S. Route 33, east of state Route 739: The driver of a 2006 Ford Ranger struck the back of a 2007 Honda Civic. The driver of the Ford, a 32-year-old Marysville man, was issued a traffic citation for failure to maintain an assured clear distance ahead.