A delivery man making a work-related stop reported a thief stole items while he was unloading his truck.
The man reported he was making a delivery to a fast-food restaurant in the 1900 block of West Henderson Road at 6 p.m. March 29 and had left the cab of his truck unlocked for about 35 minutes while he was unloading a shipment to the restaurant.
When he returned to the cab, he noticed a global-positioning system device valued at $500 had been stolen, as had eyeglasses valued at $500, a bag of tools valued at $100 and an undisclosed amount of prescription medication.
Police said the crime was caught on surveillance video, and identified the suspect as a "middle-aged, thin black male wearing a hooded sweatshirt," who they said drove up to the truck in a dark-colored, four-door sedan that was possibly a Buick or Oldsmobile.
The report said the suspect got out of his car, entered the cab of the semi-truck, removed the items and quickly drove away.
The surveillance video was not clear enough to capture the suspect's license plate number or get a better description of him, police reports said.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* A laptop computer valued at $300, a wallet valued at $80, $60 in foreign currency, a backpack valued at $50 and clothing valued at $50 were stolen from a vehicle while it was parked outside a restaurant in the 4700 block of Reed Road between 8 an 8:43 p.m. April 3. Entry was gained by breaking out a rear window, causing $500 in damage, police reports said.
* A handgun valued at $500, a lock box valued at $100 and a holster valued at $60 were stolen from a vehicle in the 3000 block of Tremont Road between noon March 26 and noon April 2.
* Glass in an outer door to a building owned by a grocery company in the 3100 block of Kingsdale Center was broken out at approximately 3:49 a.m. April 2. Police don't believe anyone entered the building.
* A backpack blower valued at $600 was reported stolen from a trailer in the 2400 block of Haviland Road at 1 a.m. March 30.
* A vehicle key fob with a house key valued at $865, a sports coat valued at $250, sunglasses valued at $200 and a briefcase valued at $70 were stolen from an unlocked vehicle while it was parked in the 2300 block of Canterbury Road between 11 p.m. March 29 and 8 a.m. March 30.
* Miscellaneous tools valued at a total of $700, lawn and garden equipment valued at $200, stereo equipment valued at $200, vehicle parts valued at $80 and household items valued at $20 were stolen from a garage in the 4100 block of Winfield Road. The time and date of the alleged incident were not provided by police.
* Lawn equipment valued at $400 was stolen from a woman's garage in the 2300 block of Dorset Road. The time and date were not provided by police.
* A credit card, $100 in cash and personal papers were stolen from a vehicle while parked in the 3600 block of Prestwick Court North between 8 p.m. March 28 and 7 a.m. March 29.
* A 47-year-old Upper Arlington man was charged with domestic violence after he allegedly grabbed a woman by the arm and attempted to drag her up a flight of stairs in the 2400 block of Sheringham Road. He was taken to the Franklin County jail, police reports said.