A television set valued at $600 and a $200 gaming system were reported stolen in a burglary at a residence in the 4800 block of Birmingham Court
The break-in was reported to Columbus police at 10:33 a.m. April 13.
The victims, two men in their early 20s, said the break-in took place at 1:30 a.m. that morning when someone entered through an unlocked sliding glass door.
In other recent Columbus Division of Police incident reports from northwest Columbus:
* A boy said he was robbed of $37 at 8 p.m. April 12 in a parking lot in the 1900 block of Hard Road.
* The loss prevention regional manager for a store in the 1800 block of Henderson Road contacted police at 3:47 p.m. April 12 to report he saw an employee take money from a register and put it in her pocket at 2:55 p.m. April 9.
The amount involved was $150, according to reports. The store official told police he confronted the woman and she returned the money, after which she was issued a "no-trespass" warning to stay away.
* A 75-year-old man reported his wife received three calls at their home in the 8600 block of Wilmette Court between 10:21 and 10:25 a.m. April 10 from someone claiming to be their grandson.
The caller claimed to have been in a traffic accident in New Jersey, during which he sustained a broken nose.
The caller said he had been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and he needed $1,200 to be wired to a man in Atlantic City whose name and telephone number he provided.
Reports said the woman told the caller she would have to check with her husband before she could comply with the request. No money was sent.
* A Seymour Avenue man, 30, was charged with public indecency at 2:38 p.m. April 7 in the 5800 block of Britton Parkway.
* Jewelry valued at $6,000 was stolen in a burglary in the 2500 block of Annelane Boulevard that was reported at 11:40 a.m. April 7.
The victim, a 24-year-old man, said someone forced open the front door sometime after 11 p.m. April 2 and made off with the jewelry along with $200 worth of pain pills and a television set valued at $400.