Delaware County Sheriff's deputies responded to two crashes involving deer earlier this month in the southern part of the county.
A woman driving north on South Old State Road near Abbey Knoll Drive in Orange Township swerved to miss a deer shortly before 4:45 a.m. April 8, according to sheriff's reports. The car went onto the shoulder on the west side of the roadway before striking a mailbox in the 7000 block of South Old State Road, reports said.
No one was injured in the crash, according to sheriff's reports.
In the second incident, a school bus was heading west when a deer ran into the roadway about 5 p.m. April 13 in the 1700 block of Home Road in Liberty Township, according to reports. The bus struck the deer, which ran from the crash site, reports said.
The impact caused minor damage to the bus, according to sheriff's reports.
In other recent county sheriff's reports:
* Deputies responded to a report of theft in progress about 11:45 a.m. April 12 at a business in the 7200 block of Graphics Way in Orange Township. Someone attempted to steal four surveillance cameras, together valued at $1,159, according to sheriff's reports.
Deputies arrested Michael S. Burns, 38, of Garden Heights Avenue in Columbus, on a charge of theft, a fifth-degree felony, in relation to the incident, reports said.
* An employee of a business reported theft took place between 11:15 and 11:30 a.m. April 12 in the 400 block of Spring Valley Drive in Orange Township. Someone stole lawn equipment valued at $2,100 from an unlocked trailer, reports said.
* A man reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 8 p.m. April 4 and 7:45 a.m. April 5 in the 2200 block of Alum Crossing Drive in Orange Township. Someone stole 90 prescription pills valued at $200 from the vehicle, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 1:15 and 2:30 p.m. April 8 near the intersection of Africa and Jaycox roads in Orange Township. Someone broke into the car through a window and stole a purse containing $30 cash and multiple credit and identification cards, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman reported vandalism to a vehicle took place before 6:45 a.m. April 12 in the 1600 block of Westwood Drive in Orange Township. Someone caused $250 in damage to the vehicle's rear windshield, according to reports.