Hilliard Division of Police officers arrested two 18-year-old men after one was found in possession of property stolen from several vehicles in the Darby Glen subdivision.
Officers apprehended the two men at Darby Glen Boulevard and Prairie Gardens Drive after a resident called police upon hearing his car alarm sounding at 4 a.m. May 3.
A responding officer stopped and questioned two men walking in the neighborhood.
The men had several items that had been stolen from vehicles near where they were arrested, police said.
Stolen property included a garage-door opener, money and drugs identified in the police report as Suboxone, trazodone and "blue pills."
The vehicles from which the items had been stolen were unlocked, police said.
One of the men, a Grove City resident, was charged receiving stolen property, a first-degree misdemeanor, and possession of a controlled substance, a fifth-degree felony.
The other, a Hilliard resident, was charged with complicity, a first-degree misdemeanor.
In other recent incident reports from Hilliard police:
* Two Columbus men, ages 18 and 20, were arrested for underage consumption of alcohol after police received reports from several residents who heard gunshots shortly after 1 a.m. May 5 in the 3400 block of Darby Glen Boulevard.
The shots emanated from the railroad tracks to the east of Darby Glen Boulevard.
During their investigation, officers found and impounded a shotgun.
The case remains under investigation.
* A 2005 Ford Mustang worth $15,000 was reported stolen between noon April 28 and 6:30 p.m. April 30 from the 2800 block of Honeysuckle Lane.
* Tools worth $14,485 were reported stolen between 4 a.m. April 30 and 2:40 p.m. May 3 from the 5000 block of Scioto Darby Road. The tools included hammer drills and concrete-cutting saws.
* Tools worth $5,185 were reported stolen between midnight and 11 a.m. April 30 from a vehicle in the 5000 block of Scioto Darby Road.
* Keys and a car-alarm remote control were reported stolen between 6 and 6:15 p.m. April 30 from the 4300 block of Main Street. Property loss was reported at $150.
* A 17-year-old girl told police that $145 was stolen between 1:30 and 2:50 p.m. May 1 at Hilliard Bradley High School, 2800 Walker Road.
* A purse containing a wallet, birth certificate, Social Security card and credit cards was reported stolen between 10 p.m. May 1 and 10 a.m. May 2 from a vehicle in the 4600 block of Huntwicke Drive.
* A garage-door opener was reported stolen between 8:30 p.m. May 2 and 8 a.m. May 3 from a vehicle in the 4400 block of Chukbuk Court.
* Gift cards were reported stolen between 10 p.m. May 2 and 10 a.m. May 3 from a vehicle in the 4200 block of Charles Court.
* Truck batteries worth $300 were reported stolen between 9 p.m. May 3 and 3 a.m. May 4 from the 3700 block of Parkway Lane.
* Two leaf blowers worth $1,000 were reported stolen between 2 and 3:30 p.m. May 3 from the 6300 block of Meadows Way.
* A cellphone worth $649 was reported stolen between 12 and 12:45 p.m. May 1 at Hilliard Darby High School, 4200 Leppert Road.