A woman said she was "smacked ... across the face" by a distracted driver at 4 p.m. May 11 at the intersection of Karl Road and Sandalwood Boulevard.
She told police that as she was pulling up to the traffic signal at the intersection, another driver swerved into the bicycle lane to pass her.
"The victim stated that her window was down, and she said something to the suspect, who was on her phone and distracted," according to the report.
"The victim stated the suspect left her vehicle and smacked the victim across the face, then re-entered her vehicle and drove away." The victim told police she had never seen the suspect before.
In other Northland-area police reports:
* An 18-year-old resident of the 2800 block of Northwold Road was arrested at his home for assaulting an 80-year-old man at 4:30 p.m. May 11. The victim said the assault took place while he was walking around the neighborhood.
* A restaurant in the 1700 block of Morse Road was burglarized at 5:03 a.m. May 10. The suspect took $300 from the cash register and tried unsuccessfully to break into a safe, according to the report. Although the business does not have an alarm, video captured the incident. The suspect was wearing a light-colored hoodie with his or her face covered, the reporting officer stated.
* A Shady Court man was charged with burglary and criminal damaging after officers responded to an alarm at a business in the 1700 block of Morse Road at 2:02 a.m. May 9. At 12:48 that same morning, according to a separate report, officers were called to investigate a burglary in the same building. In this instance, it was noted that the cash register drawer was missing, but officers were unable to contact anyone connected with the store to determine the amount that was taken.
* A woman said she lost her wallet containing her driver's license and a debit card at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Stock Road after a young man took her picture with his cellphone shortly before 1 p.m. May 9. The woman said she was driving on Lincoln Avenue, going home for lunch, when, just as she crossed the railroad tracks a young man wearing a red hat snapped a photo of her with a phone that had a pink case. "I thought it suspicious so I went through the light on Sinclair and pulled over to the right side of road before I came upon Stock Road," she told the reporting officer. When she got out of her car, the woman said, her purse fell onto the pavement and that's when she believes she lost her wallet.
* A handgun valued at $259 was stolen from an apartment in the 5800 block of Arborwood Drive sometime after midnight May 1, according to a report filed at 10:33 a.m. May 7.
* A woman said a person she named struck her in the arm with a glass vase in the 4800 block of Sinclair Road at 1 p.m. May 6. She said the blow caused noticeable swelling, according to the report. She refused medical attention.