Upper Arlington police are investigating a breaking and entering at a local restaurant.
While doing a security check at a restaurant in the 1800 block of West Henderson Road at 3:39 a.m. May 7, an Upper Arlington police officer discovered the front glass door to the business had been broken.
Surveillance video showed two people driving into the parking lot about 3:36 a.m., and a man was seen throwing an object at the door, breaking the glass.
According to police reports, the video showed that man then entered the business, took a cash-register drawer and fled the scene. In addition, $60 in cash was stolen from the restaurant.
In other recent Upper Arlington police reports:
* A woman in the 3300 block of Colchester Road reported the theft of two personal checks totaling $2,400 that had been mailed to a box at the post office at 3700 Riverside Drive. The thefts occurred between 10 a.m. May 1 and 5 p.m. May 8.
* A leaf blower valued at $450, a chainsaw valued at $368, a weed trimmer valued at $200 and a hedge trimmer valued at $143 were stolen from an unlocked garage in the 2300 block of Wimbeldon Road between 3 p.m. May 5 and 8 a.m. May 8.
* A bag valued at $70 was stolen from a vehicle parked outside a residence in the 2700 block of Pickwick Drive between 1 and 2 a.m. May 6. Entry was gained by breaking out a driver-side window, causing $330 in damage.
* Clothing valued at $200 was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1900 block of Coventry Road between 11 p.m. May 6 and 4:59 p.m. May 7. Entry was gained by breaking out a passenger-side window, causing $500 in damage.
* A chop saw valued at $300, a nail-gun set valued at $100 and a palm sander valued at $40 were stolen from an unlocked shed in the 2400 block of Buckley Road between 7 p.m. May 6 and 2 p.m. May 7.
* A bicycle valued at $500 was stolen from a backyard in the 1500 block of Grenoble Road between 10 p.m. May 3 and 7 a.m. May 4.