A traffic stop turned into an assault after the driver head-butted a Reynoldsburg police officer.
According to the police report, a 20-year-old Reynoldsburg man was stopped for running a red light at 1:22 a.m. May 8 at Kingsley Drive and Taylor Road.
The man "was in an agitated state, failed to comply with officer's orders and subsequently head-butted an officer," stated the report. He was charged with assault on a peace officer and taken to the Licking County Sheriff's Office.
In other Reynoldsburg police reports:
* Officers responded at 2 p.m. May 8 to Hannah Ashton Middle School, 1482 Jackson St., on a "pandering obscenity complaint," according to the police report. The principal reported some students sent naked pictures to other students through social media. The police and school district are conducting an investigation, according to the report.
* A parent came to the police department at about 11:41 a.m. May 10 to report her fifth-grade son had been threatened and bullied by three other fifth-grade students during school hours at Baldwin Road Junior High School, 2300 Baldwin Place.
A school official advised police the incident had been resolved at the school, but a fourth student had approached the boy and made threatening remarks related to the original incident. The official told police she is working on identifying and disciplining the fourth student, the police report said.
* An 18-year-old Reynoldsburg man was charged with improperly handling a firearm in a motor vehicle after he was involved in a traffic accident.
The police report said officers were dispatched at 7:16 p.m. May 12 to an auto accident in the 1800 block of Brice Road. They saw a passenger in one of the cars throw an unknown item into the tree line at the accident scene. The passenger admitted to officers that the loaded 9mm handgun he threw from the car was his.
He was arrested and transported to the Franklin County jail.
* A man told police the passenger window was broken and the door dented in his PT Cruiser while it was parked between 7 p.m. and 8:10 p.m. May 10 in the parking lot at Rosehill Elementary School, Rosehill Road.
* The driver's side window of a 2001 Honda Civic was shattered between 8 p.m. May 10 and 2:30 p.m. May 11 while it was parked in front of a residence in the 300 block of Pathfinder Drive.
* The owner of a 1990 Nissan truck told police the driver's side window was broken between 3 p.m. May 10 and 7:30 p.m. May 11 while the vehicle it was parked in front of his residence in the 400 block of Trailblazer Lane.