A noisy parcel led to a bomb scare at a Delaware business earlier this month, according to city police reports.
Officers responded to a report of a suspicious package shortly before 1:15 a.m. May 21 at a business in the 2000 block of Nutter Farms Lane on the city's east side. An employee reported hearing a ticking sound coming from a shipping envelope.
After investigating, authorities determined a device used to measure food temperatures inside the envelope was producing the ticking sound, reports said.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A man reported a burglary took place between 5 and 7:30 p.m. May 12 in the 100 block of North Washington Street. Someone entered an apartment and stole tools valued at $110 and a video-game console worth $250, according to police reports.
* A woman reported a burglary occurred between noon April 30 and 3 p.m. May 10 in the first block of Neil Street. Someone broke into a residence through a rear door and stole a television valued at $848, an electric fireplace valued at $250, a computer worth $200 and tools valued at $200, reports said.
* A woman reported a theft occurred between 9 and 9:30 p.m. May 17 at a business in the 800 block of North Houk Road. Someone stole the woman's wallet, which contained $60 in cash and identification and credit cards, according to police reports.
* A man reported arson occurred between 7 and 7:30 p.m. May 16 in the first block of South Washington Street. Someone set an automobile on fire at a residence, reports said.
* Officers responded to a report of a person making suicidal statements that referred to a gun shortly after 9 p.m. May 11 in the first block of South Sandusky Street. The man, who was unarmed, was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment, police said.
* Officers responded to a report of a man who was intoxicated and asleep in a vehicle shortly after 7 p.m. May 14 in the 100 block of Belle Avenue. A 52-year-old Delaware man was arrested on misdemeanor drunken driving and child endangerment charges, according to police reports.