Groveport Madison High School seniors will say goodbye to their high school days during graduation Friday, June 2, led by seven valedictorians who also will give speeches during the evening.
The ceremony will be held at the Celeste Center on the Ohio State fairgrounds at 7 p.m.
Tickets are not required, but a $5 parking fee will apply.
In addition to the top students, speakers for the ceremony include Superintendent Bruce Hoover and school board President Bryan Shoemaker. In addition, the high school choir and symphonic band will perform at the ceremony.
Jeff Warner, the district's marketing, communications and community-relations director, said all GMHS graduating seniors who have earned a grade-point average of 4.0 or higher are designated as class valedictorians.
Leading the class of 2017 are:
* Afomia Ayele, daughter of Tigist Eshetu and Negussie Ayele. She will attend Kenyon College's pre-med program and major in biochemistry and molecular biology.
* Hailey Whisman, daughter of Brad and Shannon Whisman, who has been attending Columbus State Community College full time this school year. She plans to major in science and eventually transfer to a large university.
* Madison Meier, daughter of Carl and Penny Meier, plans to attend Ohio University and major in early childhood education.
* Tessa Warren, daughter of Carol Gustad, plans to attend Capital University and major in business management.
* Kendra Soler, daughter of Tracy and Rafael Soler, plans to attend Miami University and major in architecture and interior design.
* Casey Curtis, daughter of Jeff Curtis and the late Lori Curtis, plans to attend Columbus State and later transfer to the Ohio State University to major in zoology.
* Christopher Wagner, son of Daniel and Melissa Wagner, plans to major in welding engineering at the Ohio State University.