Whitehall police reported a Columbus teenager was shot while walking at 4 p.m. May 13 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street.
Police first responded to a nearby store after employees reported two people bolted inside and entered the men's restroom.
Officers found a small amount of blood in the restroom and in other areas.
Police closed the store to collect physical evidence, according to reports.
A short time later, staff at Mount Carmel East Hospital called to report a teenager had arrived at the emergency room after being shot in Whitehall.
Police met the teen and his mother at the hospital.
The boy had been shot twice in his left thigh, with each bullet passing through his leg, according to reports.
The boy told police he and his cousin were en route to the Town and Country Shopping Center, walking north of the east side of Robinwood Avenue, when a vehicle pulled up behind them.
The victim told police two males exited an early-model gold van that was missing a headlight.
According to reports, the gunman demanded the victim's cellphone.
One of them fired shots at the boys as they ran toward the nearby store.
The victim reported one of the suspects chased him while the other returned to the van, which was driven by a third male.
The vehicle was last seen fleeing west on East Broad Street.
The victim told police he ran into the restroom at the store and called his mother, then another family member.
Another person drove the victim from the store to a residence on Beechwood Road, then to Mount Carmel East Hospital, reports said.
Further investigation revealed the victim's cousin had agreed to meet the suspects in the gold van in connection with an unknown transaction, according to reports.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police charged a 40-year-old Whitehall man with aggravated menacing, a first-degree misdemeanor, after he allegedly pointed a gun at a man at 6:40 a.m. May 12 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue.
The victim told police he is employed by an auto-recovery company and went to the Rickenbacker Avenue apartment to recover a vehicle.
After the vehicle was hooked to a tow truck, the suspect confronted the victim, pointed a gun at him and said, "Drop the car."
The victim told the suspect he had an order to take the car and reported the suspect chambered a round in the pistol.
Police responded to the scene and questioned the suspect, who denied having a gun and initially refused to allow police to search his property.
After advising the suspect a search warrant would be obtained, the suspect allowed a search and eventually told police the location of the gun.
The gun was loaded and had a light attached to it as the victim described, according to reports.
The suspect denied pointing the gun at the victim but told police he was holding the gun when he confronted the victim, whom he thought was stealing the vehicle.
Police charged the suspect with aggravated menacing and issued him a summons, reports said.
* Burglaries were reported at 2:15 p.m. May 20 in the 600 block of Erickson Avenue; at 7:55 a.m. May 23 in the first block of North Yearling Road; at 12:35 p.m. May 23 in the first block of Woodcliff Drive; at 6 p.m. May 23 in the 410 block of Elbern Avenue; and at 1:10 p.m. May 24 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue.
* Thefts were reported at 11:45 a.m. May 19 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 7:15 p.m. May 19 in the 1000 block of Irongate Lane; at 2:30 p.m. May 20 in the 4200 block of Doney Street; at 11:05 a.m. May 21 in the 1100 block of Irongate Lane; at 11:25 a.m. May 21 in the 400 block of Virginia Circle West; at 8:15 p.m. May 21 in the 500 block of Pierce Avenue; and at 2:05 a.m. May 25 in the 4500 block of East Main Street.
* Assaults were reported at 9:05 p.m. May 19 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street; at 4:20 p.m. May 21 in the 400 block of Maplewood Avenue; and at 4 p.m. May 23 in the 900 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 8:20 a.m. May 21 in the 700 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 6:35 p.m. May 22 in the 300 block of Mayflower Boulevard.
* Property destruction was reported at 5 a.m. May 18 in the 3800 block of East Broad Street; at 10:55 p.m. May 19 in the 4600 block of Faith Avenue; at 10 a.m. May 20 in the 400 block of North Hamilton Road; at 12:10 p.m. May 21 in the 900 block of Karl Street; at 7:20 p.m. May 21 in the 4400 block of East Main Street; at 5:45 p.m. May 22 in the 300 block of Mayflower Boulevard; and at 11:30 a.m. May 24 in the 3900 block of Andrus Avenue.