Gahanna police recently responded to an incident involving a third party living at a local residence that had been purchased by a new owner.
A man who purchased a King George Avenue residence at a sheriff's auction found the previous owner's adult daughter occupying the residence, according to a complaint received at 4:11 p.m. May 12. He initially had a good interaction with the daughter in person but subsequently had a poor interaction via phone with the previous owner, reports said.
He was referred to the Franklin County Sheriff's Office for follow-up and possible eviction proceedings, reports said.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A Venetian Way resident said it appeared that somebody was tampering with a hose at the house, according to a complaint received at 10:43 p.m. May 18. The resident requested an officer walk around the house to check the area. Police checked and everything seemed fine, reports said.
* Garden tools were reported stolen from a residence on North Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 12:03 p.m. May 17.
* Two rifles were stolen from a Crossing Creek North residence sometime during the last two months, according to a report received at 6:27 p.m. May 15.
* Rims and tires were reported stolen from a truck on Morrison Road, according to a report received at 8:54 a.m. May 15. The theft occurred sometime over the previous weekend, according to reports.
* Construction equipment was vandalized overnight on Taylor Road, according to a report received at 8:28 a.m. May 15.
* Several recreational vehicles were broken into at a business on Agler Road, according to a report received at 12:16 p.m. May 13. The vehicles sustained some damage and items were taken from inside, reports said.
* A portable toilet on Black Gold Avenue was tipped over during the night, according to a report received at 11 a.m. May 12.
* A complaint was received at 7:16 a.m. May 11 about an ongoing bullying issue at Middle School South, 349 Shady Spring Drive, according to reports.