An Upper Arlington woman told police two checks she mailed from a local U.S. Postal Service mailbox were altered and cashed for higher amounts.
She said she attempted to mail two personal checks to pay bills at a postal mailbox in the 1500 block of West Lane Avenue sometime May 1 and later noticed both checks had been cashed for higher amounts than what she had issued.
In one case, a check was altered to be made out to an unknown person in the amount of $206.57.
The second check also was altered to be made out to a different unknown person for $527.12.
The woman told police she doesn't know anyone by the names that were on the checks when they were cashed.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* Employees at a restaurant in the 2000 block of Riverside Drive reported someone threw a brick through the front glass door of the business, entered and stole a cash register valued at $400 and $350 cash. Police reports didn't provide a time or date for the incident.
* Nine credit cards, a driver's license, a wallet valued at $20 and $300 in cash were reported stolen from a residence in the 1800 block of West Henderson Road between 3 and 3:45 p.m. May 20.
* A copper roofing plate valued at $250 was stolen from a residence in the 2700 block of York Road between May 11 and May 18.
* A watch valued at $3,500, a pocket knife valued at $130 and personal documents valued at $30 were stolen from a residence in the 4500 block of Carriage Hill Lane between 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. May 4.
* A resident in the 2600 block of Westmont Boulevard reported someone scratched the paint on his vehicle while it was parked outside his home between midnight May 13 and 8:04 p.m. May 16. Damage was listed at $950.
* A lawn mower valued at $350 was stolen from a front yard in the 1900 block of Zollinger Road between 8:50 and 11:10 a.m. May 16.
* An Upper Arlington woman reported the theft of $130 from her vehicle while it was parked in the 1600 block of Ridgeview Road between 12:30 and 2 p.m. May 15.