New Albany police officers May 22 responded to multiple reports of thefts from vehicles -- and one of the incidents allegedly was caught on camera.
Detailed information of the incidents include:
* Police at 5:36 p.m. May 22 responded to a theft from an unlocked vehicle at a residence in the 7200 block of Landon Lane in which $1.60 in cash and a $15 MP3 player were taken.
* A resident in the 4800 block of Yantis Drive at 11:17 a.m. May 22 told police someone stole $152.50 in property from one of her vehicles. She said her home-security surveillance system showed a male on foot entering two vehicles on her property.
* Police at 8:54 a.m. May 22 responded to the report of theft from an unlocked vehicle in the 4600 block of Wilkin Court. The report said $20 in cash was stolen.
* A resident in the 4600 block of Goodheart Court at 8:20 a.m. May 22 told police someone stole $30 in cash and $220 in property, including a utility knife and sports equipment, from his unlocked vehicle.
* Police at 6:29 p.m. May 22 responded to a theft in the initial block of Wiveliscombe in which $10 in cash and $310 in property, including clothing, tools and a flashlight, were stolen from a vehicle. Some of the items later were found by a resident in the 4700 block of Yantis Drive in a bag behind a brick wall.
* A resident in the 7200 block of Greensward Road at 5:59 a.m. May 22 told police someone stole $550 in cash and $3,669 in property, including binoculars, tools, a knife and prescription sunglasses from two vehicles in his driveway.
In other recent incident reports from the New Albany Police Department:
* A Columbus man was cited for improper handling of firearms in a motor vehicle when police found a loaded handgun in his vehicle after a traffic stop at 9:01 p.m. May 27 at East Dublin-Granville and Harlem roads.
* Police cited a Columbus man for possession of controlled substances at 12:43 p.m. May 24 at the state Route 161 and North Hamilton Road overpass. An officer found him in possession of .01 gram of marijuana.
* A New Albany woman was cited for OVI at 6:56 p.m. May 22 in the 7900 block of Peter Hoover Road.
* Police cited a New Albany man for OVI at 5:58 p.m. May 22 in the 6800 block of Cedar Brook Place.
* A Columbus man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after police found him with 1.2 grams of marijuana after a traffic stop at 2:57 p.m. May 22 on Fitch Path.