A 41-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman, both from Newark, were arrested at 3:53 p.m. May 26 after they were caught shoplifting from a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive, according to Pickerington police reports.
The man and the woman both were given dates for a mandatory appearance in Fairfield County Municipal Court.
In other recent Pickerington Division of Police incident reports:
• A 29-year-old Etna man was issued a citation for disturbing the peace at 1:40 a.m. May 20 after a verbal altercation at a bar in the 1100 block of Hill Road North.
Reports said the man was given a date for a mandatory appearance in Pickerington Mayor’s Court.
The man later was released into the custody of a family member.
• Officers patrolling in the area of Hill and Tussing roads at 1:31 a.m. May 21 reported they heard what sounded like a single gunshot.
While investigating the source of the sound, officers stopped a vehicle being driven by a 20-year-old Canal Winchester man.
The four occupants of the vehicle told police they fired a single shot from a BB gun in an attempt to elude another vehicle that had been following them.
Reports said officers confiscated two BB guns. No citations or charges were issued.
• A garage window was reported broken at 8 p.m. May 21 in the 100 block of West Borland Street.
No items were believed to have been stolen from the garage.
• A Columbus man and a Pickerington man, both 18 years old, were charged with drug abuse-marijuana at 1:06 a.m. May 22 in the 100 block of Coffeetree Court.
Both men were given dates for a mandatory appearance in Pickerington Mayor’s Court.
• A resident brought an iPad to the Pickerington police station at 2:21 p.m. May 22 after reportedly finding it in the 900 block of Lookout Lane.
The electronic device was secured in the police property room.
• A resident of the 400 block of Albion Street went to the Pickerington police station at 11:05 a.m. May 23 to request officers dispose of firearms found in the family’s home and which no one wanted to keep.
• The rear window of a vehicle was reported broken at 4:36 p.m. May 23 in the 500 block of Hilltop Drive. No items were believed to have been stolen from the vehicle.
• A resident of the 100 block of Pickerington Ridge Drive reported at 2:14 a.m. May 23 that an unknown person had been making fraudulent charges using the victim’s debit card.
• An 18-year-old Etna woman was issued a citation for theft after she was caught shoplifting at 3:54 p.m. May 25 at a business in the 100 block of Postage Circle.
Reports said the woman was released after she had been issued a date for a mandatory appearance in Pickerington Mayor’s Court.