A man told Columbus police he was the victim of an assault June 8 in the 500 block of East Columbus Street.
The man said that at 6:26 p.m., he got into an argument with another person and the incident turned into a physical altercation.
The victim said he was punched in the face and, in turn, struck the other person in the face.
No one was arrested, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
In other incident reports from the area:
* An $800 gym bag containing clothing was stolen between midnight and 6 a.m. June 5 from a vehicle in the 400 block of City Park.
The victim caused $600 worth of damage to the vehicle.
* A 31-year-old Columbus woman was charged with burglary and criminal damaging June 5 after breaking into a residence in the 300 block of East Kossuth Street.
The victim told police she heard pounding on the front door at 4:41 a.m. when an alarm was activated. The victim ran to a neighbor's house. The neighbors returned to the house and found the suspect, who is accused of stealing a $50 purse and causing $100 in damage to the glass door.
* At 3 a.m. June 4, someone caused $400 worth of damage to a shrub at a residence in the 500 block of Mohawk Street.
* A 42-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for theft June 5 after stealing a decorative flower planter from a residence in the 800 block of South Fifth Street.
The theft occurred early that morning. At 9:07 a.m., police observed a vehicle matching the description of one given at the time of theft and pulled over the suspect, who had the merchandise inside of her car.
* At 3:08 p.m. June 7, a man said he was hit intentionally by a motorcyclist in the 300 block of Thurman Avenue. No one was arrested.
* Someone attempted to steal a motor vehicle at 10:25 June 3 in the first block of Hanford Street and caused more than $300 in damage in the process.
* A $50 pair of gloves were stolen between 10:30 p.m. June 5 and 8 a.m. June 6 from a vehicle in the 400 block of East Mithoff Street.
* Tools valued at more than $500 were reported stolen between 9 a.m. May 24 and 6 p.m. June 6 from a van that was towed from the 300 block of East Mithoff Street.
Items stolen were a $65 wrench, $120 bolt cutters and $400 of plumbing equipment, the victim told police.
The victim also said the tow-truck driver caused $500 in damage to a gate at his house and $1,000 to his van.
* A $6,000 Honda CR-V, manufacturing date unknown, was stolen at 3:44 a.m. June 8 in the 200 block of East Gates Street.