Patrol officers from the Upper Arlington Police Division responded at 4:41 a.m. June 3 to a report of a hit-and-run accident in the 2200 block of Shrewsbury Road and subsequently stopped a boy, no age or address provided, near the intersection of Shrewssbury and Mountview roads.
The boy was found with a bottle of prescription anti-inflammatory pills, police reports said.
According to police, no one was injured in the incident, but the boy was arrested and released to the custody of his mother.
He was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, no operator's license, driving under suspension, failure to stop after an accident and failure to control.
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
* A woman in the 1900 block of Brandywine Drive reported the theft of two personal checks in the amounts of $2,261.50 and $2,000 between April 28 and April 29. No other details were provided.
* A restaurant owner in the 4900 block of Dierker Road reported someone unsuccessfully attempted to break in the rear door of the business between 4:30 p.m. June 4 and 7 a.m. June 5.
* Employees at a restaurant in the 4700 block of Reed Road reported a man used a fraudulent credit card to purchase $50 in gift cards at 8:31 p.m. May 16.
* A man in the 1900 block of Langham Road reported someone stole a personal check, no value provided, from a mailbox in the 3700 block of Riverside Drive between April 29 and May 16.
* A Columbus man was charged with OVI, failure to control and refusal to submit to a breath test with a prior OVI conviction within the past 20 years after the vehicle he was driving allegedly struck a parked vehicle in the 3000 block of Ashbury Drive at 4:16 a.m. June 1.
* A Columbus man was charged with OVI, driving under suspension, operating without a valid driver's license, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after a stop near the intersection of Trabue Road and Riverside Drive May 31.
* A man in the 2200 block of Shrewsbury Road reported the theft of prescription morphine from his residence between 11 a.m. May 24 and 10 p.m. May 25.
* Two sets of speakers valued at $400 and $480, stands for lights and speakers valued at $600, a lighting system valued at $600, a wireless phone valued at $50 and a mixer valued at $500 were reported stolen from a garage in the 2200 block of Woodstock Road between 8 a.m. May 12 and 10 a.m. May 29.