Whitehall police arrested a 21-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl, both of Parklawn Boulevard in Whitehall, for robbery in connection with an incident that allegedly stemmed from an agreement to meet for sex, according to Whitehall police reports.
Police were dispatched to a business at East Fifth Avenue and North Yearling Road in Columbus at 1:50 a.m. June 7 after Columbus police determined the incident originated on Parklawn Boulevard.
A man at the scene had "red marks" on his face but did not require medical attention, reports said.
The man told police he communicated with a woman several hours earlier on a dating website and agreed to meet the woman at a Parklawn Boulevard apartment for sex.
Upon arriving, the woman allegedly showed the man around the apartment and into a bedroom, where he was told to put $50 on a dresser.
The man said after he undressed, he questioned the woman about the presence of male hygienic products in the room, and without having intercourse, he went to a bathroom, where he reported hearing the woman make a phone call.
The man told police as he was leaving, three men entered the apartment and two assaulted him.
The men punched and kicked the victim, then took a cellphone and $20 from him, reports said.
The victim told police he fled to the Columbus business, then led police back to the apartment where the incident reportedly occurred.
Using vehicle registration, police learned the owner of a car at the apartment resembled that which the victim described; as well as records for a 17-year-girl who resembled the female the victim described and whose name matched the one she reportedly gave the victim.
Information showed both the car's owner and the girl lived at the Parklawn Boulevard apartment and that the girl was in custody of Franklin County Children Services and reported missing by the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.
The victim identified the suspects and the furniture inside, police said.
Both the 21-year-old man and girl were arrested and separately questioned, according to reports.
The girl told police the victim came over and "tried paying her for sex" and, after becoming "uncomfortable," she called her boyfriend to come to the apartment.
The 21-year-old man denied knowledge of a robbery and consented to a search of the apartment, police said, but the victim's property was not located.
Police arrested the man for robbery and transported him to the Franklin County jail; the 17-year-old girl was taken to a juvenile facility.
A third person was identified as an additional suspect and a warrant was issued, police said.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested a 47-year-old Whitehall man for obstructing official business and assault at 12:15 a.m. June 6 in the 4100 block of Elbern Avenue.
A man and woman called police to say the suspect had assaulted his girlfriend while they were at dinner at the suspect's residence, according to reports.
The suspect also assaulted the man when he intervened in the assault, police said.
Whitehall medics treated the female victim.
Police used pepper spray to subdue the male suspect, according to reports.
* Burglaries were reported at 3:30 p.m. June 7 in the 4000 block of Washburn Street; at 6:35 p.m. June 7 in the 400 block of Beechtree Road; at 5:35 a.m. June 9 in the 300 block of Little Flower Lane; and at 1:50 a.m. June 10 in the 500 block of Pierce Avenue.
* Thefts were reported at 5:25 p.m. June 7 in the 4300 block of Yearling Circle; at 6:35 p.m. June 7 in the 4900 block of Doral Avenue; at 9:30 p.m. June 7 in the 3900 block of Andrus Court; at 10:30 a.m. June 8 in the first block of Robinwood Avenue; at 5:30 a.m. June 9 in the 4300 block of San Jose Lane; at 8:55 p.m. June 9 in the 4500 block of Saint Margaret Lane; at 8:30 a.m. June 10 in the 700 block of Ross Road; and at 1:50 a.m. June 13 in the 1000 block of Irongate Lane.
* Assaults were reported at 9:55 p.m. June 9 in the 3900 block of East Mound Street; at 8:30 p.m. June 10 in the first block of Woodcliff Drive; and at 7:10 p.m. June 11 and 7:10 p.m. June 12 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 10 p.m. June 7 in the 100 block of South Yearling Road; at 9:40 a.m. June 9 in the 4600 block of Louise Avenue; at 4:55 p.m. June 9 in the first block of Santa Maria Lane; at 12:05 p.m. June 10 in the first block of Woodcliff Drive; at 2:30 p.m. June 10 in the 3700 block of Doney Street; and at 2:10 a.m. June 11 in the 100 block of South Yearling Road.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 12:45 a.m. June 8 in the 3900 block of Andrus Court; at 12:20 a.m. June 9 at East Main Street and Bernhard Road; and at 2:30 a.m. June 11 in the 3800 block of East Main Street.