A Liberty Township woman called the Delaware County Sheriff's Office earlier this month after a suspicious man approached her children.
The woman said the incident occurred about 11:30 a.m. June 9 in the 1400 block of Dickerson Place. She told a deputy her two children were riding to a neighbor's house on scooters when a man jumped in front of them with his hands out and his mouth open.
The man, who said nothing to the children, then entered a maroon truck and left the area, reports said.
Witnesses said they saw the children running back to their house and watched the truck leave, but did not see the interaction. A deputy checked the area for the truck but could not find it, reports said.
The deputy told the woman to contact the sheriff's office if she sees the vehicle again.
In other recent county sheriff's reports:
* Deputies responded shortly after 10:30 p.m. June 2 to a report of a crash at the intersection of Columbus Pike and Walnut Boulevard in Berlin Township. A car traveling north on Columbus Pike failed to complete a right turn onto Walnut Boulevard and struck a sign, according to sheriff's reports.
Deputies determined alcohol played a role in the crash and cited the driver, a 36-year-old Berlin Township man, for driving under the influence of alcohol, according to sheriff's reports. Delaware County EMS took the man to Grady Memorial Hospital in Delaware for treatment, reports said.
The car suffered disabling damage in the crash, according to sheriff's reports.
* A man reported June 10 a burglary occurred between Oct. 10 and May 25 in the 900 block of North 3 B's and K Road in Berkshire Township. Someone entered a garage and stole golf clubs valued at $2,404, according to sheriff's reports.
* A man reported breaking and entering took place between 4 p.m. June 10 and 1 p.m. June 12 in the 5200 block of Louden Drive in Orange Township. Someone broke into the residence through a rear door and stole a stove valued at $500, according to sheriff's reports.
* An employee of a business reported criminal damaging occurred between 10:30 p.m. June 10 and 7 a.m. June 11 in the 9600 block of Sawmill Parkway in Liberty Township. Someone caused $300 worth of damage while attempting to pry open a lock on the business' front door, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman reported a theft from a vehicle took place between noon and 3:30 p.m. June 12 at the intersection of Africa and Plumb roads in Orange Township. Someone stole a purse and its contents, together valued at $285, from the car, reports said.
* A man reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 2:15 and 6 a.m. June 15 in the 8600 block of Kirkland Drive in Orange Township. Someone stole a radio valued at $250 and a charging cord worth $35 from the car, according to sheriff's reports.