A 2010 black Hyundai Genesis was reported stolen from a garage in the 2300 block of Oxford Road at 9:11 a.m. June 7. According to police reports, the owner said he accidentally left the garage open overnight, and his vehicle also was unlocked with the keys in it.
In addition to his car, the man reported a fishing pole valued at $800, sunglasses valued at $200 and a backpack containing assorted gift cards valued at a total of $800 were taken.
The vehicle was recovered later that day by Columbus police near the intersection of West State Street and Princeton Avenue. It was unlocked, but neither the keys nor the owner's property was inside.
CPD also reported the rear passenger-side fender and the front driver-side fender had been damaged.
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
* A total of $19,350 in jewelry was stolen from a residence in the 4300 block of Norwell Drive East between April 21 and May 18.
* A total of $4,050 in jewelry and a camera valued at $250 were stolen from a residence in the 4100 block of Riverside Drive between March 15 and April 15. The owner said she didn't believe she was the victim of a burglary, but the jewelry had been taken from her bedroom and a crawl space.
* A 22-year-old Columbus man was charged with criminal damaging after he allegedly broke out a window to an Upper Arlington woman's vehicle while it was parked in the 2600 block of Shrewsbury Road between 2:20 and 3:22 p.m. June 11.
* A woman in the 2200 block of Tremont Road reported someone took an undisclosed amount of money from her unlocked vehicle while it was parked outside her residence between 3:45 and 4:15 a.m. June 11.
* An MP3 player valued at $50 and 50 cents were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle while parked outside a residence in the 2100 block of Fairfax Road between 6:30 p.m. June 10 and 9 a.m. June 11.
* A 19-year-old Upper Arlington man was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after he was stopped while walking in Sunny 95 Park, 4395 Carriage Hill Lane, and allegedly was found with a glass pipe, a grinder and 19.1 grams of marijuana at 1:26 a.m. June 11.
* An Upper Arlington man reported a leaf blower valued at $400 was stolen from the corner of Yorkshire and Club roads between 4:40 and 4:45 p.m. June 9.
* Representatives of St. Agatha Catholic Church, 2767 Andover Road, reported someone spray painted "Jesus Loves Minorities" on the blacktop to the church parking lot entrance between 5 p.m. June 7 and 12:30 p.m. June 8.
* Representatives of Northwest United Methodist Church, 5200 Riverside Drive, reported someone broke a security light at the front of the church and the light was thrown through a church window between 4:30 p.m. June 6 and 9 a.m. June 7. Damage was listed at $450.