Authorities don't know what caused a fire outside a house near downtown Delaware earlier this month.
Delaware firefighters and police officers responded to a report of a fire about 3:45 a.m. June 9 at a residence in the 100 block of North Union Street.
Police Capt. Adam Moore said no one was in the residence at the time and no one was injured by the fire. The blaze, which started under a deck, caused $1,500 in damage to the residence's front porch.
While police reports initially listed arson as a possible cause of the fire, Moore said investigators did not recover evidence pointing to arson as a cause. He said the police investigation likely will be inactive until new information comes to light.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A man reported a theft occurred between 10:15 and 10:45 p.m. June 6 at a business in the 1100 block of Columbus Pike. Someone stole a tailgate valued at $5,451 from a new vehicle, according to police reports.
* A man reported breaking and entering occurred between 10:45 and 11 p.m. June 7 in the 100 block of North Washington Street. Someone forced entry through the rear door of a vacant house and stole an air-conditioning unit worth $250, reports said.
* Officers responded to a report of breaking and entering about 3:15 p.m. June 10 at a business in the 400 block of Park Avenue. Officers identified and detained two juvenile suspects who were later turned over to their parents, according to reports.
The victim in the incident declined prosecution, reports said.
* A man reported a burglary took place between 7:45 and 8 p.m. June 8 in the 200 block of Beech Drive. Someone entered a garage and stole a pair of soccer cleats valued at $30, according to police reports.
* Officers responded to a report of a fight about 2:45 a.m. June 8 in a yard in the first block of Eaton Street. Officers arrested a 25-year-old Delaware man and a 34-year-old Groveport man on misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing, police reports said.
* Officers received a report June 11 of possible sexual assault from a patient at a Franklin County hospital. The patient reported she might have been drugged at a Delaware business and sexually assaulted between 9:30 p.m. June 9 and 6 a.m. June 10.
The case remains open and under investigation.