A 26-year-old resident of the 5400 block of Vinewood Court contacted police at 12:08 a.m. June 21 after receiving what he believed to be a credible threat by someone intent on shooting him.
The man said the suspect had informed him she planned to shoot him the next time they met. He stated he believed the threat due to other incidents where the suspect had pointed her gun at him for fun, according to the officer who responded to the call. The man stated the suspect has fantasized and spoken about shooting someone. He also stated the suspect has a large number of guns.
In other Northland-area police reports:
* A man who came into a restaurant in the 2100 block of Morse Road to beg for money at 8:15 p.m. June 21 allegedly displayed a pocketknife as he was leaving after being ordered from the establishment.
* An officer responded at 1:53 a.m. June 21 to the intersection of Penworth Drive and Arrowood Loop West regarding an assault. The victim was a 26-year-old woman who said a suspect had struck her. Officers observed that she had redness about her right eye and that she had lumps on the back of her head, the report stated. She was referred to the city prosecutor's office.
* A 36-year-old man said he was assaulted in the 4600 block of Tamarack Boulevard by three strangers at 4:40 p.m. June 20.
* A Newark man said he was robbed of his car keys and a $200 cellphone at 6:38 a.m. June 20 in the 1700 block of Larkwood Place. He said the items were taken from him while he was on the ground and being assaulted.
* A pizza delivery man said he was robbed of $32 worth of pizza and $20 in cash at 12:01 a.m. June 19 in the 4800 block of Hummingbird Court North. The driver said he was attempting to fill an order placed at that location. When he arrived, a person standing on the steps of the apartment placed a hand in his jacket as if he was armed with a handgun. A second suspect joined the first, and the pizza along with cash were taken from the driver.
* A man said he was assaulted by an intoxicated individual who barged into his hotel room in the 1200 block of East Dublin-Granville Road at 10:39 p.m. June 18. The man stated that the suspect had entered their hotel room uninvited and began using profanities to the victim's wife while she was naked just entering the shower, according to the report.