A 24-year-old man who manages property in the 2700 block of Bethel Road said he was assaulted at 5:30 p.m. June 21 after attempting to break up a fight between a couple.
The victim said he was notified of the dispute and "He located the two in a vehicle in the parking lot, and they were only yelling at each other at the time," according to a report filed by a Columbus police officer.
"However, the female appeared to have been physically assaulted. The victim told the woman that she did not need to go with the male, and that she could return to the office with him. At this time the male suspect exited the vehicle and proceeded to assault the victim, swinging at him several times ..." according to the incident report.
In other recent Columbus Division of Police incident reports from northwest Columbus:
* Four men said their lives and that of their families were threatened when they attempted to intercede in a dispute between a couple in the 2900 block of Bishop's Retreat Place at 7:55 p.m. June 22.
According to the report, the quartet of victims witnessed a man strike a woman, who then went into her residence and shut the door. The suspect began kicking the door, at which point the four men approached him to tell him to stop.
"The suspect then became very aggressive (toward the men and said), 'I got 30 rounds, b... I'll kill all your families," according to the report.
The victims were two 49-year-olds -- one from Columbus and the other from DeGraff -- a 50-year-old Newark resident and a 53-year-old Dublin man.
* In a report filed at 10 a.m. June 22, a 70-year-old man said his apartment in the 7000 block of Bent Tree Boulevard was broken into the previous day between 2 and 4 p.m. The victim said $200 in cash was stolen.
* A 68-year-old man said he was assaulted while delivering newspapers at 4:45 a.m. June 21 in the 6000 block of Buffalo Head Trail.
The victim said he initially noticed one of his assailants approaching him carrying a baseball bat, but thought nothing of it until the man began hitting his vehicle with it. Others joined in after the victim said he attempted to drive away.
* A $1,000 handgun and a rifle, no value listed, were stolen during a burglary in the 7700 block of Stanburn Road that was reported at 9:01 p.m. June 18. The victim, a 47-year-old man, said the break-in occurred sometime after 3 p.m. that afternoon.
* A 45-year-old woman and a 57-year-old man, who lives in the 6500 block of Bickling Drive each accused the other of assault at 7:35 p.m. June 16.
The man said the woman, whom he had recently met through a singles dating site, "had become violent."
The woman had left the area when officers arrived, but when they did locate her she said the man had cut her face with a pair of scissors.
She did have "two superficial, symmetrical cuts on her left cheek," one of the officers noted in the report.