Whitehall police responded to a report of shots fired at 9:15 p.m. June 11 in the 5300 block of Gatehouse Drive.
A 911 caller told police she saw two men arguing and heard gunshots.
In a second 911 call, a man in the same area told police he had been robbed at gunpoint.
Police met the man at a convenience store in the 5300 block of East Main Street and reported the man immediately attempted to get in the police car and appeared "high-strung and anxious."
The man yelled, "Let's go, let's go, they went that way," and police had to calm the man before continuing the investigation, according to reports.
The man's vehicle had been struck by multiple rounds of gunfire, police said.
The victim told police he arranged, though a mobile app, to meet a person to sell a pair of tennis shoes for $180 at a location in the 1100 block of Great Oak Drive.
The victim reported two men approached his vehicle and, after a struggle for his property, he heard gunshots.
The victim's vehicle was struck at least four times, police said, with rounds damaging the hood and fender.
Two shell casings were recovered at the scene.
No suspects were immediately identified, reports said.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* A child was robbed of his bicycle at 7:50 p.m. June 10 at Whitehall Community Park, 402 N. Hamilton Road, reports said.
The boy's mother told police her children were playing at the park when an unknown suspect pushed her son off his bike and took it.
Whitehall medics determined the boy had no visible injuries.
Witnesses told police they recognized the suspect as someone who reportedly took a bike from a juvenile in a previous incident. He is not believed to reside in the area, according to reports.
* Police arrested a 30-year-old Columbus woman for theft, obstructing official business, resisting arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia and outstanding warrants after she reportedly stole an air mattress from a store in the 3600 block of East Main Street at 8:55 p.m. June 12.
Police confronted the woman as she approached her car and asked to see a receipt. The woman ignored police and got in her car, police said.
Officers ordered her out of the car and, after a struggle, she was handcuffed and arrested, according to reports.
Police found the woman had two glass pipes in her possession and multiple warrants for her arrest from Columbus and Pickerington police.
She was transported to the Franklin County jail.
* Thefts were reported at 12:45 p.m. June 14 in the 4600 block of Broadhurst Drive; at 6:50 a.m. June 15 in the 200 block of Parklawn Circle; at 11:35 a.m. June 16 in the 1000 block of Irongate Lane; at 3:15 a.m. June 17 in the 300 block of Little Flower Lane; and at 1:35 p.m. June 17 in the 200 block of Parklawn Circle.
* Police arrested four juveniles for criminal trespassing at 9:30 p.m. June 18 after responding to a report of a burglary at an apartment in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive.
* Police arrested a 34-year-old woman on two counts of receiving stolen property at 10 p.m. June 15 at East Broad Street and Woodcliff Drive.
The woman was in possession of a vehicle that had been reported stolen, police said.
* Assaults were reported at 7:40 p.m. June 16 in the 4900 block of Dimson Drive South; at 7:50 p.m. June 16 at East Main Street and Country Club Drive; and at 6:25 a.m. June 18 in the 4400 block of Josephus Lane.