A 42-year-old man told the Hilliard Division of Police firearms worth $4,000 were stolen from his vehicle parked on the 4900 block of Pine Avenue between 8 p.m. June 20 and 6:30 a.m. June 21.
The vehicle was in the parking lot of an apartment complex and no signs of forced entry were found, said Lt. Ron Clark. The man told police his vehicle was locked.
Two revolvers, two shotguns, multiple pistol magazines, ammunition, shooting bags and hearing-protection equipment were among the items reported stolen.
The theft is a reminder for people to check that vehicles are locked and not leave valuable property in vehicles overnight, Clark said.
In addition to the possible loss of valuable property, stolen firearms have the potential to pose an "inherit danger," he said.
Police have not identified any suspects.
In other recent incident reports from Hilliard police:
* Officers arrested a 19-year-old man for possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor, and another 19-year-old man for possession of marijuana, also a misdemeanor, at 1:15 a.m. June 18 on the 3800 block of Veterans Memorial Drive.
* A 19-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 1:05 a.m. June 22 on the 4400 block of Schirtzinger Road.
* A 33-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 4:40 p.m. June 22 at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive.
* Air compressors and a drill driver worth $230 were reported stolen between 8 p.m. June 19 and 3 a.m. June 20 from a garage on the 4100 block of Grant Street.
* A woman told police $5,200 in cash was stolen between 1 and 2:40 p.m. June 19 from a residence on the 3900 block of Kul Circle North.