Whitehall police are investigating several possible crimes after responding to a report of robbery at 8:30 p.m. June 27 at Columbus Motor Lodge, 3984 E. Main St.
A Reynoldsburg man told police two women assaulted and robbed him in a room at the motel.
Police at the scene reported finding an earring, a piece of a hair weave and the odor of marijuana and Mace in the room.
Medics treated the man for Mace exposure.
He told police he arranged the meeting for sex with a woman he has known for two years.
The man's cellphone contained text messages between the man and woman, and the man identified the woman through social media images as well as official identification photos, according to reports.
The man told police after his initial encounter with the woman, she and another woman returned to his motel room. The second woman smoked marijuana, he told police.
The man asked both women to leave, but the women allegedly assaulted him and sprayed Mace.
Both women fled west on East Main Street in a car driven by a third woman, reports said.
The victim said he could not describe the third woman because his vision was impaired.
A witness gave police the same account.
The victim reported $100 was stolen from a table, but the women were unsuccessful in taking money -- more than $1,000 -- from his wallet.
During the course of the investigation, police observed the parking lights of the man's vehicle were on.
He told police the keys were locked inside. When police opened the car, they found marijuana inside, including some in individual baggies.
Police impounded 23 grams of marijuana.
The man told police he sold marijuana, police reports said.
Police issued a warrant for the arrest of one of the women and continue to investigate the other two suspects. The report listed no charges against the man.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police reported a robbery at Family Dollar, 936 S. Hamilton Road, at 6:25 p.m. June 27.
An employee told police a man entered the store and walked into a rear storage area.
According to reports, the employee recognized the man from a previous incident of theft at the store.
The employee confronted the man, who was carrying a box containing merchandise, police said.
After confronting the suspect, the employee told police the man pushed her arm backward, injuring her shoulder.
The suspect ran out the back door and rode away on a bicycle that had been left near a trash receptacle.
Police found the box the suspect had been carrying but did not locate him.
Another officer recognized the man as a suspect in a theft at another store.
The incident was recorded on video.
* Burglaries were reported at 1:05 a.m. June 21 in the 4000 block of Doney Street; at 6:25 p.m. June 25 in the 300 block of Robinwood Avenue; and at 1 p.m. June 26 in the 4000 block of Anthony Court North.
* Thefts were reported at 2:35 p.m. June 22 in the 900 block of Heritage Drive West; at 3:30 p.m. June 22 in the 3900 block of East Mound Street; at 1:15 p.m. June 23 in the 900 block of Bucknell Road; at 3:35 p.m. June 23 in the 4000 block of Anthony Court North; and at 7:25 a.m. June 27 in the 600 block of Fairway Boulevard.
* Assaults were reported at 3:40 p.m. June 25 in the 4600 block of San Jose Lane; and at 12:20 p.m. June 27 in the 500 block of Virginia Circle West.
* Property destruction was reported at 11:35 a.m. June 23 in the 600 block of Greenwood Road; at 8:45 a.m. June 24 in the 3700 block of East Broad Street; at 9:20 p.m. June 24 in the 800 block of Center Street; at 1:30 p.m. June 25 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue; at 3:25 p.m. June 26 in the first block of Woodcliff Drive; at 1:30 a.m. June 28 in the 200 block of Parklawn Boulevard; and at 7:50 a.m. June 28 in the 200 block of Barkley Place West.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 1:15 a.m. June 21 at East Main Street and Erickson Avenue; at 10:15 p.m. June 22 in the 4000 block of Beechcreek Road; and at 10:50 p.m. June 24 at East Mound Street and Beechwood Road.