Gahanna police responded to a call about a man driving an older model blue pickup truck who allegedly stopped a juvenile in the 400 block of Bluestem Avenue and asked if he wanted ice cream, according to a report received at 4:57 p.m. June 23.
There were no ice-cream emblems on the vehicle but the man had music like that of an ice cream truck playing through speakers in the vehicle, reports said.
Police checked the area and asked the reporting party to call back if the vehicle appeared again, according to reports.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* Sunglasses valued at $200 and compact discs were stolen from a vehicle on Witham Court, according to a report received at 7:07 p.m. June 28.
* Two vehicles were rummaged through on Tall Oaks Drive, according to a report received at 4:41 p.m. June 27.
* A laptop computer and speaker were stolen from a vehicle on Waring Way, according to a report received at 10:29 a.m. June 27.
* Tires were stolen off a truck on Taylor Road, according to a report received at 8:20 a.m. June 27.
* Vehicles were broken into overnight on Crown Hill Court and Waring Way, according to reports taken at 7:22 and 7:51 a.m. on June 27.
* Someone reported the sound of a gunshot and someone screaming at the pool area of the Gahanna Swim Club, 148 Parkland Drive, at 2:56 p.m. June 26. Another person told police the noise might have been a tire popping. Police were advised a business had an electrical issue and it could have been a blown transformer, reports said.
* Police were unable to find any criminal activity after an alleged shooting was reported at 10:01 p.m. June 25 in the 100 block of South Stygler Road. A caller on 911 said he heard three to four shots before a car sped away, reports said. A Sara Park Place resident also heard three shots and a car pull away. A nearby resident said he had been sitting outdoors and didn't hear any shots or a car leaving at a high rate of speed, reports said.
* A Baywood Place resident reported at 3:27 p.m. June 25 that tools were stolen sometime during the past month.
* A Banbury Drive resident reported vehicles were rummaged through overnight in her driveway, and the neighbors' vehicles were also rummaged through with items taken, according to a report received at 6:26 p.m. June 24.
* A debit card was reported stolen from a vehicle at a business in the 400 block of Agler Road, according to a report received at 2:51 p.m. June 24. After the card was stolen, it was used at an Agler Road gas station and two other locations outside of Gahanna, reports said.
* Extra patrol was requested on Kenilworth Court after two vehicles were rummaged through between midnight and 7 a.m. June 25. Both vehicles were unlocked and nothing was taken, reports said.
* Four eyeglass frames were reported stolen from a business in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 5:15 p.m. June 23.
* A suspicious vehicle was reported in the 400 block of Agler Road at 2:05 a.m. June 23. A man is living out of his vehicle, reports said. The man was advised that if plaza owners request he move, he needs to abide by their request.