A Powell boy was injured last month when a vehicle struck him while he was roller-skating at a city park.
Powell police officers responded to a report of a crash about 8 p.m. June 20 at Arbor Ridge Park, 500 Bennett Parkway. A man making a right turn from Bennett Parkway into the park hit the boy with his SUV, reports said.
The Liberty Township Fire Department transported the boy to an area hospital after he suffered "incapacitating injuries," according to police reports.
Powell police Chief Gary Vest said the crash occurred because of a miscommunication between the driver and pedestrian. He said the driver would not face charges because the crash did not occur at a crosswalk.
Vest said the boy is recovering from his injuries.
In other recent Powell police reports:
* An officer stopped a woman driving the wrong way about 8 p.m. June 12 in the 3400 block of Sawmill Drive, according to police reports. The officer seized a "clear liquid believed to be vodka" from the car, reports said.
The officer arrested the driver, a 47-year-old Liberty Township woman, on charges of driving while under the influence of alcohol, a first-degree misdemeanor, and reckless operation, a minor misdemeanor, according to police reports.
* An employee of a business reported breaking and entering occurred between 7 p.m. June 30 and 8:15 a.m. July 1 in the 3900 block of West Powell Road. Someone broke in through the front door and stole a television valued at $200, according to reports.
* An employee of a business reported a theft took place between May 24 and June 29 in the 4000 block of West Powell Road. Someone stole 13 cartons of cigarettes, together valued at $893, from the business, reports said.
* A man reported a theft occurred between 7:30 and 7:45 p.m. June 28 at a business in the 3400 block of Sawmill Drive. Someone stole two cellphones, together worth $1,720, according to reports.
* An employee of a business reported a theft occurred about 3:30 p.m. June 16 in the 10500 block of Sawmill Parkway. Someone stole 15 cellphone cases, together valued at $1,200, according to police reports.
Officers later arrested a 33-year-old Columbus man in relation to the incident on a charge of theft, a fifth-degree felony, reports said.
* An officer responded to a report of a man urinating outside a business about 4:15 p.m. June 27 in the 8700 block of Moreland Street. Officers arrested a 20-year-old Liberty Township man on a charge of disorderly conduct, a minor misdemeanor, reports said.
A cyclist avoided serious injury after colliding with an SUV last month at a roundabout on the border of Delaware and Liberty townships.
Delaware County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a crash shortly after 8:15 a.m. June 21 at the intersection of Bunty Station Road and Sawmill Parkway.
Investigators determined the driver of the SUV entered the roundabout from the east before he saw the cyclist, who already was in the traffic circle, according to sheriff's reports.
The cyclist fell from his bike and suffered abrasions and scrapes on his elbow and hip, reports said. The driver of the SUV was uninjured, but his vehicle was dented, reports said.
In other recent county sheriff's reports:
* A man reported a burglary took place between 7 p.m. June 22 and 11:30 a.m. June 23 in the 3500 block of Birkland Circle in Orange Township. Someone broke into a residence through the front door and stole a handgun valued at $600, a television worth $400, a saw valued at $250 and a coffee maker valued at $60, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman reported breaking and entering occurred between noon and 4:45 p.m. June 19 in the 4700 block of South Old State Road in Orange Township. Someone entered a garage and stole tools worth $123, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 4:15 and 5:30 p.m. June 22 at the Alum Creek Below Dam Recreation Area, 4189 Lewis Center Road in Orange Township. Someone broke into the car through a window and stole a purse containing multiple credit and identification cards, reports said
A man reported a theft from a vehicle took place between 2 and 5 p.m. June 22 in the same area. Someone stole a purse valued at $90 and a jacket valued at $94 from the vehicle, according to reports.
* Deputies responded to a report of a hit-and-run crash about 3:30 p.m. June 27 at a business in the 8600 block of Columbus Pike in Orange Township. A truck hit the business' sign, causing "extensive damage," before the driver fled from the scene, according to sheriff's reports.