An Oxford Township man faces misdemeanor charges after he entered the Olentangy River earlier this month on the city's east side and refused to leave, according to Delaware police reports.
Officers responded about 1 p.m. July 9 to reports that a man entered the river behind a business in the 100 block of East Central Avenue and would not accept offers of help.
Emergency workers eventually rescued the man near the East William Street bridge and transported him to Grady Memorial Hospital for a mental-health evaluation, according to police reports. Officers later arrested the 44-year-old man on charges of inducing panic, a first-degree misdemeanor, and disorderly conduct, a minor misdemeanor, reports said.
Investigators believe drugs played a role in the incident, according to police reports.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Officers responded to a report of a person carrying a firearm about 5:45 p.m. July 3 in the 2100 block of Bruce Road. They determined a teenage boy had been shooting a BB gun, according to police reports.
The boy faces a charge of pointing or discharging a firearm within city limits, a fourth-degree misdemeanor, reports said.
* A woman reported a burglary took place between 5 and 6:30 p.m. July 8 in the first block of Muirwood Village Drive. Someone stole multiple bicycles from a garage, according to reports.
* A woman reported a theft occurred between 6 and 9 p.m. July 4 in the 200 block of Kettering Bend. Someone stole a laptop computer valued at $1,543 and a speaker worth $230 from the residence during a party, reports said.
* An employee reported July 3 a theft of drugs occurred between 7:45 a.m. and 3 p.m. June 20 at a business in the 800 block of North Houk Road. Someone stole 30 pills, together valued at $20, according to police reports.
* A man reported a theft of drugs occurred between 4:30 and 5:15 p.m. July 8 in the 200 block of North Union Street. Someone stole prescription medication valued at $18 from an apartment, police reports said.
* A man reported a theft took place between May 20 and July 4 at an apartment in the 300 block of North Sandusky Street. Someone stole jewelry valued at $800 from the residence, according to reports.
* A man reported a theft occurred between 7 and 9:30 p.m. July 7 in the 400 block of Dunlap Street. Someone stole about $500 in change from an apartment, according to police reports.
* A man reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 8:45 and 9:30 p.m. July 5 in the 800 block of North Houk Road. Someone stole a radio valued at $90 from the car, reports said.
* Officers made an arrest after a traffic stop shortly before 1:30 a.m. June 7 on U.S. Route 23 at William Street. An officer conducted a search of the vehicle and found about 238 grams of marijuana, police reports said.
Officers arrested a 27-year-old Virginia man on a charge of possession of a controlled substance, a fifth-degree felony, reports said.
* Officers responded to a report of theft about 8 p.m. July 8 in the 100 block of Simon Street.
A woman told officers an ex-boyfriend was stealing shrubbery from her property.
The man had left by the time officers arrived, and the woman did not want to pursue criminal charges, reports said.
* A woman reported her teenage daughter was the victim of gross sexual imposition July 10 at a downtown residence.
The case remains open and under investigation, according to police reports.