A building in the 6500 block of New Albany Road East was evacuated at 1:05 p.m. July 4 after two incidents that led to concerns about a possible bomb, according to the New Albany Police Department.
According to the police report, a man called the business and became agitated, saying that if he knew the location of the employee on the phone, he would burn down the building.
About the same time, someone in the office reported an odor of burning rubber.
The building was searched and nothing was found, said police clerk Kylie Pearson.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* Vandalism was reported by a resident at 2:43 p.m. July 14 in the first block of High Street. Police found broken windows, doors and drywall.
* A 45-year-old Columbus man was cited for OVI at 4:34 p.m. July 14 at state Route 161 and West Johnstown Road after an officer stopped a vehicle for a cracked windshield and noticed open beer bottles.
* A 21-year-old Columbus woman was cited for OVI at 9:55 p.m. July 7 in the 3400 block of South Hamilton Road after police stopped her at a Franklin County OVI task-force checkpoint.
* A 17-year-old Westerville boy was cited for marijuana possession at 12:54 a.m. July 5 after a traffic stop at Hawksmoor Drive and Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road.
* A 20-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug abuse when police recovered 4 grams of marijuana during the Fourth of July celebration at 9:02 p.m. July 4 at New Albany High School, 7600 Fodor Road. No other charges were filed because of the man's cooperativeness, according to the report.
* A 19-year-old New Albany man was cited for OVI, marijuana possession and marijuana-paraphernalia possession at 1:15 a.m. July 4 at New Albany-Condit Road and Walton Parkway after police stopped his vehicle for driving outside marked lanes and displaying a license plate in the windshield. The officer found a marijuana "dab" and an electronic cigarette with marijuana residue in the vehicle.
* A 22-year-old Pataskala man was cited with drug-paraphernalia possession and drug abuse after police found a small amount of marijuana and a jar, a scale and a grinder that had marijuana residue on them during a traffic stop at 2:28 a.m. July 3 at Beech and Worthington roads.
* A 22-year-old Blacklick man was cited for OVI at 11:05 p.m. July 2 at Brandon and Reynoldsburg-New Albany roads after an officer initiated a traffic stop for license suspension and found marijuana residue in the vehicle.
* A 47-year-old New Albany man was cited for OVI at 12:47 p.m. July 2 at Bottomley Crescent and Greensward Road after an officer stopped him for running a stop sign.
* A 50-year-old Heath man was arrested at 9:47 p.m. July 1 at Beech and Smith's Mill roads for possession of more than 1.1 grams of crystal methamphetamine after a traffic stop for a suspended license.
* A 33-year-old Coshocton man was arrested for OVI at 8:48 p.m. June 30 at state Route 161 and Beech Road after an officer pulled him over for a cracked front windshield and a missing front license plate.
* A 26-year-old Pataskala man was cited for possession of a controlled substance at 1 p.m. June 29 after police found 62.13 grams of marijuana, a marijuana cigarette and three jars with marijuana residue in his vehicle after a traffic stop on state Route 161 east of Beech Road.
* Theft was reported at 4:14 p.m. June 28 from a business in the 7700 block of Smith's Mill Road. An employee, a 42-year-old Columbus man, stole $75 in merchandise, according to the report. The man was charged with petty theft and issued a summons for New Albany Mayor's Court.
* A Columbus man at 11:27 a.m. June 28 told police he was assaulted by a man at a job site in the 2500 block of Beech Road. The man was struck in the head with a closed fist and fell against a piece of equipment, according to the report. He was taken to the hospital.
* A 25-year-old Detroit man was cited for marijuana and drug-paraphernalia possession after police followed up on a report made at 12:16 a.m. June 28 of a suspicious vehicle at the COTA Park & Ride at 5202 Forest Drive. Police recovered metal grinders, a metal pipe and 3.42 grams of marijuana from the vehicle.
* A Lancaster man at 9:54 a.m. June 27 told police someone stole a $1,000 saw from a construction site in the 100 block of Main Street.
* A 26-year-old Columbus man was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after being asked to open a locked vehicle at 6:08 p.m. June 26 in the 7700 block of Smith's Mill Road. Police found a metal grinder with marijuana residue and a pipe.
* Two Bexley residents at 1:21 p.m. June 26 told police that between May 1 and May 4 someone stole two money orders totaling $785 from their landlord's mailbox in the 6500 block of New Albany-Condit Road.