A would-be thief pushed past a 27-year-old woman when she answered the door of her home in the 6300 block of Cherylbrook Lane at 1:13 p.m. July 20.
According to a Columbus Division of Police incident report, the victim told officers the intruder was looking for prescription medication.
When the intruder could not find any medication the suspect grabbed a television and left the residence.
The victim told police she stopped the thief outside the residence and took the television back.
During the struggle over the $200 TV set, the victim said she was pushed by the suspect into a gas grill.
The victim was not seriously injured.
In other recent northwest Columbus incident reports:
* Items valued at $4,320, including a television set and a laptop computer, were stolen in a break-in at a residence in the 6700 block of Maplebrook Lane that was reported at 11:27 a.m. July 20.
The victim, a 37-year-old man, said his property was taken sometime after 10 a.m. July 15.
* A 34-year-old man who lives in the 5500 block of Lime Creek Drive reported receiving a death threat in a text message from his ex-wife's boyfriend at 5:35 p.m. July 19.
He also said he received communications from his ex-wife that, while harassing, were not threatening.
* A 49-year-old resident of the 5200 block of Portland Street told an officer at 8:21 a.m. July 19 she sleeps with a bottle of prescription medicine in her bra. When she awakened that morning, the victim said the bottle was halfway out of her bra, and when she counted the pills 50 were missing. She also said 30 pills were missing from another prescription bottle she keeps in her purse.
* In a report filed at 5:46 p.m. July 18 an employee of a store in the 2700 block of Bethel Road said two people stole $1,421.54 worth of fishing lures and a $359 television set at 10:52 p.m. July 14.
The incident was captured on security cameras, and the person making the report was seeking assistance in filing charges.
* Jewelry valued at $6,750 was stolen by someone who kicked open the door of a condominium in the 4200 block of Colister Drive at 7:03 p.m. July 18.
The victim, a 44-year-old woman, reported the break-in at 9:38 that evening.
She said a $500 tablet computer and prescription drugs worth $50 also were taken.
* A 28-year-old man said he was trying to break up a fight at 12:56 a.m. July 17 in the 2200 block of West Henderson Road, but wound up being the victim of a theft.
The man told officers he attempted to stop an altercation between the two people and one of them assaulted him and threatened to kill him after he stated that he was going to call the police.
The victim stated that during the assault the man stole his cell phone before fleeing in a small red pickup truck.
* A $500 handgun and a magazine valued at $40 were reported stolen at 7:30 p.m. July 16 from a residence in the 7700 block of Shirlington Drive.
The victim, a 30-year-old man, said the items were last seen at 5 p.m. July 12.