Whitehall police arrested a 40-year-old Mississippi man for burglary at 1:30 a.m. July 9 after he allegedly forced entry into a residence in the first block of Beechwood Road.
A woman called 911 and told police the man kicked open a door and refused to leave.
The woman reportedly told police she met the man online and allowed him to "stay with her for a few days."
On the scene, police observed a broken door frame and noted the man inside the residence appeared intoxicated, according to reports.
The man refused to leave and admitted to breaking in because the door locks had been changed, reports said.
The woman told police she ordered the man to leave after he confronted her about a neighbor she was visiting. She said she moved her car from the residence so the man would not know if she was there.
According to reports, the woman met the man in mid-June and he had stayed at her residence on several occasions for short periods of time while between jobs.
The man was arrested and transported to jail, where police found less than 10 grams of marijuana in his possession, reports said.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Burglaries were reported at 4:30 a.m. July 17 in the 700 block of Sharon Park Court; at 3:10 a.m. July 18 in the 4100 block of Virginia Circle East; at 8:30 p.m. July 18 in the 1000 block of Fountain Lane; and at 5:30 a.m. July 19 in the 5000 block of Link Court.
* Thefts were reported at 3:50 p.m. July 12 in the 100 block of Patricia Lane; at 4:25 p.m. July 13 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue; at 1:20 p.m. July 14 in the 4000 block of Powell Avenue; at 9:55 a.m. July 15 in the 4500 block of Saint Francis Lane; and at 3:10 a.m. July 16 in the 600 block of Maplewood Avenue.
* Assaults were reported at 3:10 a.m. July 15 in the 4600 block of Morris Avenue; and at 1:55 and 3 p.m. July 17 in the 4300 block of East Main Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 8:15 a.m. July 13 in the 4100 block of Ural Avenue; at 1:10 p.m. July 13 in the 4400 block of East Mound Street; at 8:30 p.m. July 13 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road; at 7:55 p.m. July 14 in the 600 block of Elaine Road; and at 9:10 a.m. July 15 in the 4800 block of Etna Road.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 10:20 a.m. July 13 in the 5300 block of Gatehouse Drive, and at 9:50 p.m. July 14 in the 4900 block of East Broad Street.