Grandview Heights police responded to two separate incidents earlier this month in which a golf bag, golf clubs and a pair of sunglasses were stolen from unlocked cars.
The reports were filed July 16 by a resident of the 1100 block of Mulford Road and July 13 by a resident of the 1000 block of Broadview Avenue.
The July 13 report was one of three reports residents filed that day reporting overnight thefts from their vehicles.
A resident of the 1100 block of Oakland Avenue reported a laptop computer, purse and book bag were stolen from her car that day.
A resident of the 1400 block of Lincoln Road told police a purse was taken from her car. She said she parked her car about 11:30 p.m. July 12 in her driveway and discovered the theft about 7 a.m. the next day.
Police have reported several other recent incidents of items stolen from unlocked cars.
* A resident of the 900 block of Woodhill Drive reported July 22 that a few pairs of sunglasses, a checkbook and a tennis racket were stolen overnight from her unlocked car.
* A resident of the 1700 block of West First Avenue told police July 22 that change and a gift card were stolen from his unlocked vehicle.
* Police received a call about 2:17 a.m. July 19 about a man who reportedly was entering unlocked vehicles in the area of Second and Holly avenues and placing items in his pockets. When officers arrived on the scene, they noted several vehicles appeared to have been ransacked.
A suspect matching the man's description was apprehended in the 1200 block of Parkway North. A witness was able to identify him, reports said.
The suspect, a 52-year-old homeless man, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor counts of receiving stolen property and criminal mischief. Officers recovered change and a bag from the man, who was taken to the Franklin County jail.
In other recent Grandview police reports:
* A resident of the 1100 block of Northwest Boulevard reported he had an air filter delivered July 22, but when he returned to his home, the package was missing.
* A resident of the 1300 block of Westwood Avenue reported July 21 she received a package she didn't order. She said she found a charge on her credit card for the package.
* A resident of the 900 block of Quay Avenue told police July 20 that someone stole her wallet and used one of her credit cards.
* A resident of the 1300 block of Lincoln Road reported July 17 that someone has been stealing checks and cashing them. Police are continuing their investigation.