Pickerington police are investigating an incident in which an 18-year-old man was charged with felonious assault with a deadly weapon and criminal damaging and endangering after gunshots reportedly were fired during a fight July 8.
According to Pickerington Division of Police incident reports, the Pickerington resident was arrested after officers responded to multiple 911 calls reporting a fight involving several people at 4:48 a.m. in the 200 block of Lillian Drive.
The callers also reported hearing gunfire.
During a search of a residence in the 200 block of Lillian Drive, officers discovered a firearm and arrested the man who was taken to the Fairfield County jail to await arraignment.
Violet Township Fire Department paramedics were called to the scene to treat another 18-year-old man who told police he crashed his vehicle into a tree while trying to flee gunfire.
Reports said the man was treated at the scene and was not transported to a medical facility.
In other recent incident reports:
* A resident reported finding a jewelry box with a necklace inside in the 900 block of Gray Drive at 11:39 a.m. July 8.
Reports said there was nothing in the box to identify its owner so the items were placed in the police property room.
* Construction equipment was reported stolen from a work site in the 100 block of Black Raven Court at 3:31 p.m. July 9.
* The manager of a business in the 1700 block of Hill Road North reported at 8:30 p.m. July 9 he was assaulted by two males that were stopped when they tried to enter the business without paying the admission charge.
* Representatives of a business in the 1700 block of Hill Road North reported at 9:25 p.m. July 9 a 24-year-old man took three cases of beer from the business without paying.
* A woman went to the police station at 8 a.m. July 9 to report she is being harassed by a female at her workplace in the 1200 block of Hill Road North.
Although the woman said she received no threats, a report to document her concerns was filed.
* A firearm was reported stolen from the 500 block of Sycamore Creek Street at 2:13 p.m. July 10
* Officers are investigating an incident at a medical facility in the 1000 block of Refugee Road in which a 36-year-old woman reportedly assaulted a nurse at 6:21 p.m. July 10.
Reports said charges against the woman are pending.
* A 24-year-old Reynoldsburg man and a 35-year-old Columbus man were charged with receiving stolen property after officers investigated a report of suspicious activity in the parking lot of a business in the 800 block of Refugee Road at 7:39 a.m. July 12.
Reports said the Columbus man also was charged with misuse of a credit card.
The men were charged after officers found them in possession of credit cards and other items that were reported stolen from vehicles in Columbus and New Albany overnight
A third man, an 18-year-old from Reynoldsburg, was charged with operating a vehicle without a proper license, failure to use a child-restraint seat and endangering children.
* A resident of Macfie Street reported at 9:55 a.m. July 12 three fraudulent charges were made using his bank card.
* A 17-year-old boy was issued a no-trespass order at 1:06 p.m. July 12 at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive after he was apprehended for shoplifting.
Reports said the boy was later released into the custody of his parents.
* A 17-year-old boy was charged with trespassing at 3:18 a.m. July 14 after he snuck into a residence in the 100 block of Patterson Street.
Officers were called to the address after receiving a report of suspicious activity and found the boy who reportedly snuck into the residence to see a 16-year-old girl.
The boy was given a no-trespass order, and officers forwarded the incident to the Fairfield County Juvenile Prosecutor's Office with a request for unruly-juvenile charges against the girl and criminal-trespass charges against the boy.
* A 44-year-old Groveport woman was charged with domestic-violence assault, criminal endangering/damaging, aggravated burglary while armed with a deadly weapon and felonious assault with a weapon after she reportedly attacked her soon-to-be ex-husband with a hammer.
The incident was reported at 9:11 p.m. July 14 in the 100 block of Leasure Drive.
She was taken to the Fairfield County jail to await arraignment.