Upper Arlington police responded to a report July 15 that a man posing as an Uber driver attempted to pick up a woman who was waiting for a ride.
The Columbus resident told police she was waiting for a ride-share driver to pick her up in the 3100 block of Kingsdale Center at 4:40 p.m. July 15 when a man drove up and told her he was there to give her a ride.
The woman told police she discovered he was not the driver she had requested when the correct Uber driver arrived to pick her up.
The man left the scene before police arrived.
He was driving a red two-door BMW, according to reports.
In other recent Upper Arlington police reports:
* A black 2017 GMC Acadia valued at $30,000 was stolen from a driveway in the 1800 block of Roxbury Road between 6:45 p.m. July 14 and 2:30 a.m. July 15. Also taken was a hand-held blower valued at $400 that was inside the vehicle.
* A package containing a computer printer valued at $250 was stolen from the front porch of a residence in the 1500 block of Waltham Road between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. July 14.
* Two Columbus men, ages 38 and 33, and a 25-year-old Columbus woman each were charged with theft after they allegedly stole two pieces of furniture valued together at $1,400 from a grocery store in the 1900 block of West Henderson Road at 3:25 a.m. July 14.
The three were arrested after police responded to a report that they were seen loading the furniture onto a truck after the close of business.
* Police reported administering two doses of naloxone to a 24-year-old woman at a residence on Nugent Drive at 8:54 p.m. July 13 to reverse the effects of an apparent heroin overdose.
Police reports said the woman was revived, but no other information was provided about her condition.
* A leaf blower valued at $550 was stolen from a truck parked in the 42200 block of Mumford Court between 11:10 a.m. and noon July 12.
* An air-conditioning unit valued at $3,000 was stolen from the rear patio of a residence in the 2800 block of Downing Way between noon July 9 and 3:49 p.m. July 11.