Delaware police responded to two separate reports of men exposing themselves in public places within a week earlier this month.
A downtown shopkeeper called police about 7 p.m. July 13 to report a man was exposing himself while riding a bike in the public parking lot at the southwest corner of North Sandusky Street and West Winter Street. The witness described the perpetrator as a white man with "scruffy" facial hair who was wearing a red ball cap, a denim shirt and jeans, according to police reports.
Officers checked the area but did not find the man, reports said.
Officers responded about 2:15 p.m. July 19 to a report of public indecency at a parking lot in the 100 block of South Sandusky Street.
Delaware police Capt. Adam Moore said witnesses told officers a man exposed himself on purpose in the parking lot, but the man denied it. Moore said the witnesses declined to pursue criminal charges.
Moore said the man did not match the description of the man seen by the shopkeeper the previous week, and investigators do not think the cases are related.
In other recent police reports:
* A man and a woman reported a burglary occurred between 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. July 11 in the first block of Harrison Street. Someone entered the residence after breaking in through a side window, according to police reports.
* A man and a woman reported an attempted burglary occurred between 12:30 a.m. July 6 and 12:30 p.m. July 12 in the 1100 block of Balmoral Drive. The residents found possible signs of attempted forced entry on rear windows, according to police reports.
* A man and a woman reported a burglary occurred between 6:45 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. July 18 in the first block of Westland Way. Someone broke into a house through the front door and stole video games valued at $220 and $215 in cash, according to police reports.
* A woman reported a burglary occurred between 11:15 p.m. July 23 and 5:15 a.m. July 24 in the 200 block of Park Avenue. Someone entered the residence through an open window and stole a laptop valued at $750 and a television valued at $750, according to police reports.
* Officers responded shortly before 7:45 p.m. July 13 to a report of a woman with a knife in the 1100 block of Columbus Pike. Officers arrived and arrested a 21-year-old homeless woman on a charge of attempted felonious assault, a third-degree felony, according to police reports.
* A woman reported a theft occurred between 1 and 1:30 p.m. July 21 at a business in the 900 block of Sunbury Road. The woman told investigators someone stole her engagement and wedding rings, which were valued at $2,969, while she was at the business, according to police reports.
* A man reported a theft occurred between June 21 and July 23 at a business in the 1000 block of Bowtown Road. Someone stole construction equipment valued at $1,394 from the business, according to police reports.
* A woman reported a theft of drugs occurred between 10 a.m. July 8 and 2 p.m. July 17 at a residence in the 100 block of Columbus Avenue. Someone stole 20 pills valued at $100 from the residence, according to police reports.
* An employee reported someone paid with a counterfeit $20 bill between noon and 3 p.m. July 12 in the 1100 block of Columbus Pike. An employee of the same business reported someone paid with another counterfeit $20 between 8 and 11 p.m. July 16.