Two robberies were reported recently in the German Village area and both suspects were arrested.
One incident occurred at 2:10 a.m. July 30 in the 400 block of Lazelle Street, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports. The victim told police the suspect pulled a gun and demanded money. The suspect, a 44-year-old Columbus man, was arrested.
The other incident occurred at 2:25 a.m. July 30 at the intersection of South High and East Beck streets. No merchandise was taken in the incident, in which a 39-year-old Columbus man was arrested.
In other German Village police reports:
* An Acura, model and manufacturing date unknown, was stolen between 10:30 p.m. July 26 and 7 a.m. July 27 in the 400 block of Stanley Avenue.
The car's estimated value was not listed in the report.
* Between 5:30 and 6:40 a.m. July 26, someone vandalized a flag, causing an undetermined amount of damage, attached to a house in the 100 block of East Kossuth Street.
* At 9 p.m. July 26, someone broke into a vehicle and stole a purse in the intersection of Jackson Street and South Grant Avenue. A stolen credit card was later used, the victim said. The amount of damage to the vehicle was estimated at $200.
* A leaf blower valued at $250 was stolen at 11 a.m. July 27 from the back of a truck parked in the 400 block of Forest Street.
* A $500 briefcase containing miscellaneous documents was stolen at 2:35 p.m. July 27 in the 500 block of City Park Avenue.
* Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. July 27, a file folder was stolen from a vehicle in the first block of East Sycamore Street.
The suspect broke the passenger-side window of the vehicle, causing an undetermined amount of damage.
* A woman said thieves stole $60 and credit cards from her while she lay unconscious after an automobile accident.
The crime occurred between 3 and 4 p.m. July 21 in the 500 block of South Lazelle Street.
While unconscious in her car, a bystander pulled her out of the vehicle, the victim told police.
During that time, an unidentified person opened her passenger door and stole her credit cards and $60 then fled on foot. She said she didn't realize her wallet was missing until she got to the hospital. She said $200 was spent using a card in the meantime, reports stated.
* Construction equipment valued at more than $1,700 was stolen at 11 a.m. July 31 from a van in the 400 block of East Beck Street.
Items included a $150 saw, $150 drill with case, $225 drill, $700 saw, two sanders valued at $125 each, $150 portable planer and $150 nail gun.
* A $5,000 Chevrolet Silverado, manufacturing date unknown, was stolen at 12:30 p.m. July 31 in the 700 block of South High Street.
The victim told police he left the keys in the vehicle. When he returned from lunch, the vehicle was gone.
* Between 9:15 p.m. July 31 and 8:15 a.m. Aug. 1, a $650 radar detector, $500 portable office printer, $400 sunglasses and $10 in miscellaneous change were stolen from a vehicle in the 600 block of South High Street.
The suspect broke a passenger side window and the center console, causing an undetermined amount of damage.