A manager at a business in the 6500 block of East Livingston Avenue called police at 8:30 a.m. July 24 to report an attempted breaking and entering.
The manager said he had great difficulty opening the rear door to the business when he arrived for work and then discovered someone had pried on the lock cover, almost removing it.
No entry was made because of the heavy deadbolt. Police reports said the manager spoke to the cleaning person, who said the lock was undamaged as of 7 p.m. July 23.
In other Reynoldsburg police reports:
* Police responded to a business in the 6600 block of East Main Street at 2:50 p.m. July 21 on a disturbance call and arrested a 30-year-old Columbus man on active warrants for assault and domestic violence.
* A resident of Birchview Drive South called police at 9:30 p.m. July 21 to report seeing a black female going through mailboxes on Birchview Drive. She said when she confronted the girl, a juvenile, the girl ran north toward an apartment complex.
* Employees of a gas station on state Route 256 reported at 11:14 a.m. July 22 that a customer's luggage had been stolen.
* A 28-year-old Pickerington man was charged with drug abuse, a minor misdemeanor, after police found him smoking marijuana in a car parked behind a residence in the 1500 block of Graham Road at 12:01 a.m. July 22.
* A 31-year-old Reynoldsburg man was cited for OVI at 4:12 p.m. July 22 after officers stopped his vehicle for a traffic violation in the area of Brice Road and Firethorn Avenue.
* A 67-year-old Columbus man was charged with theft in connection with an incident at a business in the 2700 block of Taylor Road at 8:32 p.m. July 22.
* A resident in the 2000 block of Century City South called police at 8:57 p.m. July 23 after she went into a bedroom to open a window and found broken glass on the window sill and three holes in the windowpane and screen.
* The owner of an unoccupied house in the 6900 block of Blackoak Drive reported that between 4 p.m. July 21 and 8:45 a.m. July 24, someone kicked in the front door, damaging the door frame, and left trash in a bedroom. In addition, the bedroom carpet was stained with Kool-Aid and pizza sauce.
* A 23-year-old Reynoldsburg man was charged with obstructing official business and resisting arrest after officers stopped his vehicle for a traffic violation at 3:45 a.m. July 25 near East Main Street and Waggoner Road. According to the police report, the man refused to provide identification and refused several times to get out of the vehicle before he was "told he was under arrest and removed from the vehicle." He was taken to the Franklin County jail.
* Police responded to an alarm drop that turned out to be a theft at the Verizon store on Taylor Park Drive at 1:32 p.m. July 25. A white man was seen walking out of the store without paying for a set of wireless headphones.
* Employees at a business in the 6300 block of East Main Street reported at 9:53 a.m. July 26 that the store had been robbed by a black woman who came in and demanded money from the cash register.
* A 19-year-old Reynoldsburg man was cited for drug abuse after police stopped the vehicle he was driving at 1:11 a.m. July 27 on state Route 256 because of a traffic violation and found him in possession of marijuana.