A Delaware man faces two misdemeanor charges after witnesses reported he inappropriately grabbed two women earlier this month at a city business.
Delaware police officers responded shortly after 11:45 p.m. Aug. 5 to a business in the first block of North Union Street after receiving a report that a man had grabbed two women's buttocks. The intoxicated man became combative after witnesses confronted him about his behavior, according to police reports.
After officers arrived, they arrested the 31-year-old man on charges of sexual imposition, a third-degree misdemeanor, and disorderly conduct, a minor misdemeanor, reports said.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Officers Aug. 1 received a report that a teenage girl was the victim of sexual imposition between 3:30 and 4 p.m. July 31 at the Delaware County District Library, 84 E. Winter St. Officers later arrested a 19-year-old Delaware man and an 18-year-old Delaware man on charges of sexual imposition, a third-degree misdemeanor, according to police reports.
The 19-year-old man also faces a charge of criminal trespassing, a fourth-degree misdemeanor, reports said.
* A woman reported she was raped between 2 and 3 a.m. Aug. 2 at an apartment near the city's downtown. An investigation into the case is pending, according to police reports.
* Officers responded to a report that a burglary occurred between 11:30 p.m. Aug. 1 and 5:30 a.m. Aug. 2 in the 200 block of North Washington Street. Someone entered the residence through a side window and stole two televisions, together valued at $800, according to police reports.
* A man reported someone stole a license plate from his vehicle between 3 p.m. Aug. 3 and noon Aug. 5 while the car was parked in the 100 block of North Franklin Street.
* A man reported someone stole his lawn mower, valued at $50, from his backyard in the 200 block of South Sandusky Street between July 31 and Aug. 7.